Lamhun is a historic province in the north of Thailand, close to the border with Myanmar. There are many kid-friendly activities to enjoy in this culturally-rich region. Visit Wat Phrathat Hariphunchai, a temple built in 1444, or explore the ancient city of Wiang Kum Kam, believed to be over 1,200 years old. History buffs will enjoy learning about the region’s fascinating past at the Lamphun National Museum.
Outdoorsy families can take advantage of the province’s scenic beauty, with hiking and biking trails winding through lush forests and rice fields. For a truly unique experience, head to Mae Kampong village, where you can zip-line through the treetops or ride an elephant through the jungle.
No matter what your interests are, you’re sure to find something to keep the whole family entertained in Lamphun.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Lamphun, Thailand
1. Visit the Wat Phra That Hariphunchai temple: This temple is a beautiful example of Lanna architecture and is said to contain a relic of the Buddha. It’s a great place to learn about Thai history and culture.
2. Take a nature walk: Lamphun is home to many beautiful forests and rivers. Take a nature walk and see if you can spot any of the local wildlife.
3. Visit the Pha Yuen Cave: This cave is one of the largest in Thailand and is said to be over 1,000 years old. It’s a great place to explore and learn about the local geology.
4. Visit the Wiang Kum Kam archaeological site: This site is home to the ruins of an ancient city dating back to the 8th century. It’s a great place to learn about the history of the region and see some of the unique architecture.
5. Go fishing: Lamphun is home to many rivers and lakes, making it a great place to go fishing. See if you can catch dinner!
6. Visit the Local Markets: Lamphun is home to many markets selling fresh produce, clothes, and souvenirs. It’s a great place to bargain and find some great deals.
7. Take a cooking class: Lamphun is home to many traditional Thai dishes. Take a cooking class and learn how to make some of these delicious meals.
8. Learn about traditional Thai medicine: Lamphun is home to many traditional Thai medicine shops. Take a tour and learn about the different herbs and treatments used.
9. Relax at a spa: After a long day of exploring, relax at one of the many spas in Lamphun. Get a massage or soak in a Jacuzzi.
10. Go on a safari: Lamphun is home to many National Parks. Go on a safari and see if you can spot some of the local wildlife.