Lakota, North Dakota is a great place for kids! There are plenty of kid friendly activities to keep them busy, including the following:
The Lakota Community Center is a great place for kids to play and have fun. They offer a variety of different activities for kids, including a playground, basketball courts, and a swimming pool.
The Lakota Zoo is another great option for kids. They have a variety of different animals that kids can view, including lions, tigers, and bears.
The Lakota Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the area. They offer a variety of different exhibits that kids can view, including a replica of a Lakota Indian village.
The Lakota Aquatic Center is a great place for kids to swim and have fun. They offer a variety of different pools and slides for kids to enjoy.
There are also a variety of different parks in Lakota that kids can enjoy, including Legion Park, Washington Park, and Memorial Park.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Lakota, North Dakota
1. Visit the Dakota Zoo: The Dakota Zoo is a great place to take kids of all ages. With over 600 animals, the Dakota Zoo has something for everyone. Lions, tigers, bears, giraffes, penguins, and more can all be seen at the Dakota Zoo.
2. Take a Hike: Lakota is home to many beautiful hiking trails. The Sheyenne National Grasslands offer over 200 miles of trails to explore. Hiking is a great way to get some exercise and see some stunning scenery.
3. Go Fishing: Lakota is home to many lakes and streams, making it a great place to go fishing. The Sheyenne River is a great place to fish for trout. There are also many lakes in the area that are perfect for fishing for bass, catfish, and more.
4. Play at the Park: Lakota has several parks that are perfect for kids. playgrounds, picnic areas, basketball courts, and more can be found at parks such as Roosevelt Park and Lions Park.
5. Visit the Library: The Lakota Public Library is a great place to take kids. The library has a wide selection of books, movies, and games that kids will love. The library also offers story time and other events for kids.
6. Go Bowling: Bowling is a great activity for kids of all ages. Lakota Lanes is a great place to take the kids bowling. The alley also has an arcade that kids will love.
7. Play Mini Golf: Lakota is home to two great mini golf courses. putt-putt Golf and Games and Jurassic Putt offer 18 holes of mini golf fun.
8. See a Movie: The Lakota Theater is a great place to take the kids to see a movie. The theater offers a variety of kids movies throughout the year.
9. Go to the Farmers Market: The Lakota Farmers Market is a great place to take the kids. The market offers fresh fruits and vegetables, baked goods, honey, and much more.
10. Take a Scenic Drive: Lakota is home to many scenic drives. The Sheyenne River Scenic Byway and the Turtle Mountain Scenic Byway are two of the most popular drives in the area.