Looking for things to do with the kids in Lake Mills, Wisconsin? You’re in luck! The city is home to a number of kid-friendly attractions.
Begin your exploration at the Imagination Station, a hands-on children’s museum. The museum is geared towards kids aged 2-10 and features a number of interactive exhibits.
Next, head to the Rotary Botanical Gardens. The gardens feature over 20 themed gardens, including a butterfly garden and a children’s garden. The gardens are a great place to explore and learn about plant life.
If the weather is nice, take a stroll through Riverside Park. The park features a playground, a splash pad, and a number of picnic areas. The park is also home to the Lake Mills Aquatic Center, which features a swimming pool, a water slide, and a diving well.
End your day with a trip to the Lake Mills Wildlife Area. The wildlife area is a great place to see a variety of animals, including deer, birds, and turtles. The wildlife area also features a number of hiking trails.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Lake Mills, Wisconsin
1. Visit the Opera House: The Opera House is a historic theater that hosts a variety of performances throughout the year, including music, theater, and dance.
2. Attend a Lake Mills Arts Fair: The Lake Mills Arts Fair is an annual event that features a variety of local artists and their work.
3. Visit the Farmers Market: The Farmers Market is held every Saturday morning in downtown Lake Mills and features a variety of locally grown produce, meats, cheeses, and more.
4. Go for a swim at Rock Lake Beach: Rock Lake Beach is a great place to cool off in the summer with a swim or a paddle in a kayak or canoe.
5. Hike or bike the Glacial Drumlin State Trail: The Glacial Drumlin State Trail is a 52-mile long trail that runs through Lake Mills and is great for hiking, biking, and horseback riding.
6. Play at Lakeshore Park: Lakeshore Park is a great place for a picnic, a game of frisbee, or just to relax by the lake.
7. Visit the Gordon Bubolz Nature Preserve: The Gordon Bubolz Nature Preserve is a 766-acre nature preserve that is home to a variety of plants and animals.
8. Take a scenic drive on the Country Route 23: The Country Route 23 is a scenic byway that runs through Lake Mills and features beautiful views of the countryside.
9. Visit the Lake Mills Wildlife Area: The Lake Mills Wildlife Area is a great place to see a variety of wildlife, including birds, deer, and wildflowers.
10. Attend the Summerfest Celebration: The Summerfest Celebration is an annual event that features a parade, live music, food, and more.