There is certainly no shortage of kid friendly activities in Lake Luzerne, New York! Just a few of the many options include visits to the Greater Glens Falls Symphony, the Adirondack Balloon Festival, the Lake George Opera Festival, and of course the many playgrounds, swimming pools, and game rooms that can be found throughout the area.
For the little ones, the Lake Luzerne Region is home to several family-friendly attractions including the Great Escape & Splashwater Kingdom, the Bronx Zoo, and the New York Aquarium.There are also many museums geared specifically towards kids such as the Children’s Museum of Science and Technology, the New York Hall of Science, and the Brooklyn Children’s Museum. And of course, no trip to Lake Luzerne would be complete without taking a scenic ride on the Adirondack Scenic Railroad or exploring one of the many hiking trails in the Adirondack Park.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Lake Luzerne, New York
1. Visit the John C. Fremont House: The John C. Fremont House is a historic house museum that was once the home of American explorer and politician John C. Fremont. The house is located on the shores of Lake Luzerne and is open to the public for tours.
2. Play at the Lake Luzerne Roller Rink: The Lake Luzerne Roller Rink is a classic American roller skating rink that has been in operation since the 1950s. The rink offers public skating sessions as well as skating lessons for all levels.
3. Go fishing at Lila Mae’s Fishing Hole: Lila Mae’s Fishing Hole is a popular spot for fishing on Lake Luzerne. The fishing hole is located on the east side of the lake and is open to the public.
4. Take a dip in the Lake Luzerne swimming hole: The Lake Luzerne swimming hole is a popular spot for swimming and sunbathing on the lake. The swimming hole is located on the west side of the lake and is open to the public.
5. Hike the High Falls Gorge: The High Falls Gorge is a popular spot for hiking and picnicking. The gorge is located on the east side of Lake Luzerne and is accessible via a short hike from the parking area.
6. Visit the Queensbury Hotel: The Queensbury Hotel is a historic hotel located in the center of Lake Luzerne. The hotel offers tours of the property as well as overnight accommodations.
7. Shop at the Lake Luzerne Farmers’ Market: The Lake Luzerne Farmers’ Market is a weekly farmers’ market that takes place on Saturdays from 9am-1pm. The market features local produce, artisan goods, and live music.
8. Go on a scenic horse-drawn carriage ride: Scenic horse-drawn carriage rides are available seasonally in Lake Luzerne. The rides take place on the grounds of the Queensbury Hotel and offer views of the lake and surrounding countryside.
9. Attend a performance at the Lake Luzerne Music Festival: The Lake Luzerne Music Festival is a popular summer music festival that features a variety of musical performances. The festival takes place on the grounds of the Queensbury Hotel.
10.Explore the historic homes in the Lake Luzerne Historic District: The Lake Luzerne Historic District is a designated historic district that includes a number of historic homes and buildings. The district is located on the west side of Lake Luzerne.