Lake Lure is a beautiful town in North Carolina that offers a variety of kid friendly activities. The town is home to a number of beaches, parks, and hiking trails where families can enjoy the outdoors together. Kids will love swimming in Lake Lure and playing in the sand at one of the town’s many beaches. There are also a number of museums and historical sites in Lake Lure that are perfect for a family day trip.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Lake Lure, North Carolina
1. Hiking: There are numerous hiking trails around Lake Lure ranging from easy to difficult. A few of the more popular trails include:
-The Nature Center Trails: These trails are located near the Lake Lure Flowering Bridge and are suitable for all skill levels.
-The Chimney Rock State Park Trails: These trails offer stunning views of the lake and surrounding mountains. Some of the trails are quite steep and challenging.
-The Boys Camp Trail: This trail is located in the Hickory Nut Gorge and is a moderate hike. It leads to a small waterfall and swimming hole.
2. Biking: There are many beautiful bike trails in and around Lake Lure. A few of the more popular trails include:
-The Turkey Point Loop Trail: This trail is 8 miles long and goes around Turkey Point, a peninsula on Lake Lure. It offers stunning views of the lake and has some moderate hills.
-The Broad River Trail: This trail follows the Broad River for 6 miles and is relatively flat. It is a great trail for families with young children.
-The South Mountain State Park Trails: These trails are located in South Mountain State Park and offer breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains. There are trails of varying difficulty levels.
3. Fishing: Lake Lure is home to many different types of fish including bass, trout, and catfish. There are numerous public fishing areas around the lake as well as charter fishing companies that offer guided fishing trips.
4. Boating: There are several marinas on Lake Lure that offer boat rentals. There are also pontoon boats and other watercraft available for rent.
5. Swimming: Lake Lure has a sandy beach which is a popular spot for swimming. There is also a public pool located near the beach.
6. Picnicking: There are many beautiful picnic spots around Lake Lure. A few of the more popular spots include:
-The Lake Lure Flowering Bridge: This spot offers stunning views of the lake and is a great place to watch the sunset.
-The Boys Camp Picnic Area: This picnic area is located in the Hickory Nut Gorge and has a small waterfall and swimming hole.
-The South Mountain State Park Picnic Areas: These picnic areas offer breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains.
7. Golfing: Lake Lure is home to several golf courses including the Apple Valley Golf Course, the Rumbling Bald Golf Course, and the River Run Golf Course.
8. Horseback Riding: There are several companies that offer horseback riding lessons and trail rides.
9. Zip Lining: There is a zip line course located in the Chimney Rock State Park. The course consists of 7 zip lines and 2 sky bridges.
10. Dining: There are many different restaurants in Lake Lure ranging from casual to fine dining. A few of the more popular restaurants include:
-The Lake House: This restaurant is located on the shore of Lake Lure and offers stunning views of the lake. The menu features American cuisine with a Southern twist.
-The River Café: This restaurant is located in the Hickory Nut Gorge and offers views of the river. The menu features American and European cuisine.
-The Cabin: This restaurant is located in the Chimney Rock State Park and offers views of the surrounding mountains. The menu features American cuisine with a focus on burgers and barbeque.