Lagos, Portugal, is a great destination for families with young children. The mild climate and beautiful beaches make it a perfect place to relax and enjoy quality time with your kids. Here are a few kid-friendly things to do in Lagos:
Visit one of the many beaches in Lagos, such as Praia da Batata, Praia do Camilo, or Praia Dona Ana. These beaches have soft sand and calm water, perfect for swimming and playing.
Explore the old town of Lagos, with its narrow streets and historic buildings. Stop by the Fort of Ponta da Bandeira, the Lagos Zoo, or the Museum of Algarve to learn more about the area.
Take a boat ride to see the area from the water. You can go on a dolphin watching tour, go fishing, or just enjoy the views of the coastline.
Spend a day at one of the water parks in Lagos, such as Aqualand or Slide and Splash. The kids will have a blast sliding down the waterslides and playing in the waves.
If you’re looking for a more active vacation, there are plenty of activities to keep the whole family busy. Go hiking or biking in one of the many parks in Lagos. Play a round of golf at one of the world-class golf courses. Or, take a surf lesson and ride the waves of the Atlantic Ocean.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Lagos, Portugal
1. Visit the historic center of Lagos: The historic center of Lagos is a great place to explore with kids. There are several historic buildings and monuments to see, as well as a number of museums.
2. Visit the Fort of Ponta da Bandeira: The Fort of Ponta da Bandeira is a great place to take kids for a day of exploring. The fort has a number of historic buildings and artifacts, as well as a playground and a swimming pool.
3. Take a boat ride: Lagos is a great place to take a boat ride. There are a number of boat companies that offer rides around the lagoon and up the river.
4. Visit the beaches: Lagos has some great beaches for kids to play on. Some of the beaches have playgrounds and lifeguard stations.
5. Go for a walk or bike ride: Lagos has a number of great walking and biking trails. These are great for getting some fresh air and exercise.
6. Visit the markets: Lagos has a number of markets that are great for kids to explore. There are a variety of goods to purchase, as well as a number of places to eat.
7. Visit the aquarium: The Aquarium of Lagos is a great place to take kids. They can see a variety of fish, as well as other sea creatures.
8. Go to the movies: Lagos has a number of movie theaters that are great for kids. They can see the latest release, as well as a variety of older movies.
9. Visit the park: Lagos has a number of parks that are great for kids to play in. There are playgrounds, soccer fields, and basketball courts.
10. Go to the zoo: The Zoo of Lagos is a great place to take kids. They can see a variety of animals, as well as a number of educational exhibits.