Lacey is a great place for kids! There are plenty of things to do to keep them entertained. The city has several parks, including Playground of Dreams, which has a splash pad, playground, and picnic area. There is also Woodland Park, which has a playground, basketball courts, and a walking trail. If your kids are looking for something more active, Lacey is home to several trampoline parks, ninja warrior courses, and laser tag arenas. And, of course, no visit to Lacey would be complete without stopping by Sprinkles the Clown’s House – a one-of-a-kind destination for kids of all ages!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Lacey, Washington
1. Visit the Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge: The Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge is a great place to see a variety of birds and other wildlife. There are several short trails that are perfect for little legs, and a boardwalk that leads out to an overlook where you can see the Puget Sound.
2. Play at one of Lacey’s many parks: Lacey has over 30 parks, so you’re sure to find one that your kids will love! From playgrounds to spray parks to skate parks, there’s something for everyone.
3. Take a walk or bike ride on the Chehalis Western Trail: This paved trail is 13 miles long and goes through some beautiful scenery. It’s perfect for a family outing.
4. Visit the LOTT Wetlands: The LOTT Wetlands is a great place to see wildlife and learn about the wetlands ecosystem. There are several short walking trails, a boardwalk, and an observation deck.
5. Go fishing at Puget Sound: Puget Sound is a great place to go fishing. You can fish from the shore or from a boat. There are also several charter boats available for hire.
6. Visit the Olympia Farmers Market: The Olympia Farmers Market is a great place to get fresh, local produce. It’s open year-round and has a wide variety of vendors.
7. Go crabbing at Puget Sound: Another great way to enjoy Puget Sound is to go crabbing. You can rent crab pots from many of the local marinas.
8.Explore the Nisqually River: The Nisqually River is a great place to explore. There are several hiking trails along the river, and you can also go swimming, fishing, or tubing.
9. Visit the Olympia Timberland Library: The Olympia Timberland Library is a great place for kids to explore and learn. There are several interactive exhibits, and the library also offers many programs and events for kids.
10. Take a scenic drive: There are many scenic drives in the Lacey area. Some of our favorites include the drive to Mount Rainier National Park, the drive along the Nisqually River, and the drive to Olympia along the Puget Sound.