There’s plenty for kids to do in La Ligua, Chile! The Parque Municipal is a great place to start, with plenty of space to run around and play games. If your kids are into sport, they’ll be sure to enjoy the public swimming pool or the tennis courts. For a more cultural experience, La Ligua is home to a number of museums including the Museo de La Memoria y Los Derechos Humanos which has free admission for children under 6 years old. If your kids are feeling adventurous, they can try their hand at horse riding at one of the local stables. And of course, no trip to La Ligua would be complete without sampling some of the delicious local food!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In La Ligua, Chile
1. Visit the La Ligua Municipal Museum – The museum is dedicated to the history and culture of the La Ligua area. It is housed in a traditional Chilean hacienda and has a large collection of artifacts and exhibits.
2. Tour the La Ligua Petroglyphs – These are ancient rock carvings that date back to the pre-Columbian era. They are located in a remote area of the Andes and can only be reached by hiking or horseback.
3. Take a scenic drive through the Colca Canyon – The Colca Canyon is one of the deepest canyons in the world and offers stunning scenery. 4.Visit the Cotapaxi Volcano National Park – The park is home to the Cotapaxi volcano, which is one of the highest active volcanoes in the world.
5. Visit the Cuenca del Lago de Cotapaxi – This is a beautiful lake located in the Cotapaxi volcano area. It is a popular spot for hiking, camping, and fishing.
6. Explore the Inca ruins at Machu Picchu – These ancient ruins are located in the Peruvian Andes and are a UNESCO World Heritage site.
7. Visit the Nazca Lines – These are ancient geoglyphs that were created by the Nazca people of Peru. They are only visible from the air and are best seen by plane or hot air balloon.
8. Take a boat ride on Lake Titicaca – This is the largest lake in South America and is home to the floating islands of the Uros people.
9. Trek through the Amazon rainforest – The Amazon is the world’s largest rainforest and is home to an incredible array of plant and animal life.
10. Spend a day at the beach – La Ligua has several beautiful beaches that are perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and simply relaxi