La Libertad offers many kid-friendly activities, ranging from educational to recreational. Families can explore the nearby Mangrove Sanctuary, learn about the local chocolate-making process at a cacao plantation, take a surfing lesson at one of the many beaches, or go hiking or horseback riding through the lush countryside. There are also several kid-friendly museums in La Libertad, as well as a number of parks and playgrounds. For a truly memorable experience, families can spend a day exploring one of the many nearby ecological reserves, such as the Manglares Churute Ecological Reserve or the Reserva Los Illinizas.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In La Libertad, Ecuador
1) Go to the beach! La Libertad is famous for its beautiful beaches, so be sure to spend some time at the water’s edge.
2) Visit the malecón. The malecón is a boardwalk that runs along the edge of the ocean. It’s a great place to take a walk, ride a bike, or just take in the scenery.
3) Check out the local market. The market is a great place to find fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as local crafts and souvenirs.
4) Go on a nature hike. La Libertad is home to many beautiful parks and nature reserves. Be sure to explore some of the area’s natural wonders.
5) Climb Cerro Santa Ana. Cerro Santa Ana is a hill that offers stunning views of the city and the ocean. Be sure to bring your camera!
6) Take a boat ride. There are many boat tours available in La Libertad. This is a great way to see the city from the water.
7) Visit the Museo de la Ciudad. The Museo de la Ciudad is a museum that chronicles the history of the city of La Libertad. It is sure to be a educational and enjoyable experience for all.
8) Play in the park. La Libertad is home to many parks, so be sure to take advantage of them! Play some games, have a picnic, or just enjoy the outdoors.
9) Go fishing. La Libertad is a great place to go fishing. There are many spots along the coast where you can drop a line and see what you can catch.
10) Enjoy the food. La Libertad is home to many delicious restaurants. Be sure to try some of the local cuisine while you’re in town.