Krotz Springs, Louisiana is a great place for kids to have fun! There are many different parks and playgrounds scattered throughout the town, so there’s always something to do. The Riverside Park is a great place to start, as it has a large playground, a picnic area, and a walking trail. For something a little different, the Frogmore Plantation & Gardens offer tours of the historic plantation house and grounds, as well as a chance to see some of the resident animals up close. Other great kid-friendly activities in Krotz Springs include visiting the bayous, going on a scavenger hunt at the Krotz Springs Museum, or simply exploring the charming downtown area. No matter what your interests are, there’s sure to be something fun to do in Krotz Springs!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Krotz Springs, Louisiana
1. Go fishing at Krotz Springs Fishing Lake. This fishing lake is located right in the heart of town and is a great place to take the kids for a day of fishing. There is a pier that they can fish from, or they can bring their own boats.
2. Visit the Krotz Springs city park. This park has a playground, picnic tables, and a walking trail. It’s a great place to take the kids to burn off some energy.
3. Take a walk or ride your bike on the Atchafalaya National Wildlife Refuge trails. These trails wind through the refuge and offer great opportunities to see wildlife.
4. Visit the company store at the Atchafalaya Basin Oilfield. This store sells souvenirs, groceries, and other items. It’s a great place to grab a souvenir of your visit to Krotz Springs.
5. Go on a fishing charter. There are several charter companies in town that offer fishing trips on the Atchafalaya Basin. This is a great way to catch some big fish.
6. Visit the Krotz Springs Museum. This museum features exhibits on the history of the town and the surrounding area.
7. Play golf at the Krotz Springs Golf Course. This 9-hole course is located right in town and is a great place to take the family for a round of golf.
8. Take a scenic drive on the Krotz Springs Scenic Byway. This byway offers beautiful views of the Atchafalaya Basin. It’s a great way to see the area.
9. Go bird watching. The Atchafalaya Basin is home to a variety of bird species. This is a great activity for the whole family.
10. Visit the Krotz Springs city website. The city website has a lot of information about the town, including a calendar of events.