There are many kid friendly things to do in Kongoussi, Burkina Faso. One popular activity is visiting the Parc National de Kongoussi. This national park is home to many different animals, including lions, elephants, and wildebeests. Kids can also enjoy visiting the nearby city of Bobo-Dioulasso. This city is full of history and culture, and there are many different museums and historical sites to explore. Bobo-Dioulasso is also home to a large market, where kids can find all sorts of souvenirs to take home.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Kongoussi, Burkina Faso
1. Visit the Kompienga Elephant Sanctuary: This sanctuary is home to a small population of endangered African elephants. Visitors can see the elephants up close and learn about the efforts to protect them.
2. Go on a safari: Kongoussi is home to a number of national parks and reserves, making it a great place to go on a safari. You can see lions, giraffes, and other wildlife in their natural habitat.
3. Visit the Royal Palace: The Royal Palace is the former home of the king of Kongoussi. It is now a museum and visitors can learn about the history and culture of the kingdom.
4. Visit the Bobo people: The Bobo people are an ethnic group that lives in Kongoussi. Visitors can learn about their culture and see traditional dances and music.
5. Go to the markets: Kongoussi has a number of markets where you can find local goods such as handmade baskets, wood carvings, and textiles.
6. Visit the Kompienga Waterfalls: The Kompienga Waterfalls are a series of cascading waterfalls located near Kongoussi. Visitors can take a dip in the pools or hike to the top for a view of the Falls.
7. Visit the Kompienga Cave: The Kompienga Cave is a large cave located near Kongoussi. Visitors can explore the cave and see the stalactites and stalagmites.
8. Go bird watching: Kongoussi is home to a number of bird species, making it a great place for bird watching.
9. Visit the Kompienga Dam: The Kompienga Dam is a large dam located near Kongoussi. Visitors can learn about the dam and see the hydroelectric plant.
10. Go hiking: Kongoussi is home to a number of hiking trails. Visitors can explore the countryside and see the different landscapes.