There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Komono! For starters, the town is home to the first and only Pokemon Center in Japan. Youngsters can also enjoy the Komono Zoo, which is home to over 200 animals, or take a leisurely stroll through one of the many parks dotting the town.
For those looking for a bit more excitement, there’s always the Komono Aquarium where kids can learn about and see plenty of fish, sharks, and other sea creatures. Families can also take a train ride on the Komono Railway, or rent a boat and go for a paddle down the Kizu River.
Of course, no visit to Komono would be complete without stopping by the famous Momotaro Statue, which is based on a popular Japanese folktale. And what kid wouldn’t love picking up some delicious fresh fruit at the Komono Fruit Farm? There’s truly something for everyone in this charming town!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Komono, Japan
1. Visit the Komono Town Museum to learn about the area’s history and culture.
2. Stroll through the quaint streets of the old town center and admire the traditional Japanese architecture.
3. Visit the Konankmachi cherry blossom festival in late April to see the hundreds of cherry trees in bloom.
4. Take a leisurely stroll or bike ride through the picturesque countryside.
5. Visit the Konankmachi Bird Sanctuary to see over 200 species of birds.
6. Hike to the top of Mt. Konan for breathtaking views of the area.
7. Go fishing in one of the many ponds and lakes in the area.
8. Visit the Konan Fudo Falls for a truly spectacular sight.
9.Explore the many temples and shrines in the area, such as the impressive Konan Shrine.
10.sample the local cuisine, such as the famous Komono soba noodles.