Kokrajhar is a town in Assam, India. It is the administrative headquarters of the Kokrajhar district. The town is situated on the south bank of the River Brahmaputra. Kokrajhar is one of the 26 towns of the Bodoland Territorial Council, an autonomous administrative divisions of Assam. It is also one of the four headquarters of Bodoland.
There are many kid friendly things to do in Kokrajhar. One can visit the Kokrajhar Central Park, which has a playground and a pond. There is also the D Scale Model Park, which has miniature models of different places in Kokrajhar. For adventurous kids, there is the Bodo Adventure Park, which has a rock climbing wall and a zip line. There are also many temples and mosques in Kokrajhar that are worth visiting.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Kokrajhar, India
1. Visit the Kokrajhar Regional Science Centre: The Kokrajhar Regional Science Centre is a great place for kids to learn about science and technology. The centre has interactive exhibits on topics such as electricity, magnetism, water science, and astronomy. There are also fun activities like a planetarium show, a 3D theatre, and a science park.
2. Go on a safari at the Assam State Zoo: The Assam State Zoo is home to more than 500 animals, including tigers, rhinos, elephants, and gibbons. Kids will love going on a safari through the zoo to see all the different animals.
3. Visit the American War Memorial: The American War Memorial is a monument dedicated to the Americans who died during World War II. Kids will learn about the history of the war and the role that America played in it.
4. Go tubing at the Beki River: The Beki River is a great place to go tubing. Kids can float down the river on tubes while enjoying the scenic views.
5. Visit the Bhutanese Temple: The Bhutanese Temple is a beautiful temple that was built in the traditional Bhutanese style. Kids will love exploring the temple and learning about Bhutanese culture.
6. Take a ride on the Kokrajhar Toy Train: The Kokrajhar Toy Train is a small train that gives kids a tour of the city. The train goes through the city center, past the Assam State Zoo, and ends at the Bhutanese Temple.
7. Visit the Ethnobotanical Garden: The Ethnobotanical Garden is a garden that features plants from all over the world. Kids can learn about the different plants and their uses.
8. Play in the park at the Buxa Tiger Reserve: The Buxa Tiger Reserve is a national park that is home to tigers, elephants, and many other animals. Kids can explore the park and see the animals up close.
9. Visit the Manas National Park: The Manas National Park is a national park that is home to tigers, rhinos, and many other animals. Kids can explore the park and see the animals up close.
10. Go on a nature walk: There are many nature walks that kids can go on in Kokrajhar. These walks are a great way to see the beauty of the area and learn about the plants and animals that live there.