There are many kid friendly things to do in Kohima, India. The kids can enjoy the Cox’s Bazar Beach, the world’s longest natural beach. They can also visit the Chandrakona Vidyasagar Mela, a large fair held every year. The kids can also visit the Birla Mandir, a temple built in white marble. They can also visit the National Zoological Park, which has many different animals and birds.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Kohima, India
1. Visit the Dzukou Valley: The Dzukou Valley is a spectacular natural landscape located in Kohima. It is a haven for nature lovers and offers amazing views of the surrounding mountains. There are numerous hiking and trekking trails in the valley, making it the perfect place to explore the great outdoors.
2. Take a dip in the Japfu waterfall: The Japfu waterfall is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Kohima. It is located in the Dzukou Valley and is a great place to cool off after a long day of hiking or exploring.
3. Visit the Kohima War Cemetery: The Kohima War Cemetery is a moving memorial to the soldiers who lost their lives during the Battle of Kohima in 1944. It is a beautiful and peaceful place to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice.
4. hike to the top of Mt. Tiyi: Mt. Tiyi is the highest peak in the Dzukou Valley and offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. The hike to the summit is challenging but rewarding, and it is definitely a highlight of any trip to Kohima.
5. explore the Kohima Museum: The Kohima Museum is a great place to learn about the history and culture of the Naga people. It is packed with fascinating exhibits, and the staff are very knowledgeable and happy to answer any questions.
6. stroll through the local market: The local market is the perfect place to pick up some souvenirs or try some of the delicious local food. It is a great way to immerse yourself in the culture and get a taste of everyday life in Kohima.
7. visit the Kohima Zoo: The Kohima Zoo is one of the largest zoos in India and is home to a wide variety of animals, including tigers, lions, and elephants. It is a great place to learn about the wildlife of India and see some of the country’s most iconic animals up close.
8. watch a traditional Naga dance performance: A traditional Naga dance performance is a must-see when visiting Kohima. It is a great way to experience the rich culture of the Naga people and see their traditional dances and music.
9. learn about the World War II history at the Naga Heritage Village: The Naga Heritage Village is a great place to learn about the history of the Nagas during World War II. It is a very important part of Kohima’s history, and it is definitely worth a visit.
10. take a cable car ride over the Dzukou Valley: The cable car ride is one of the best ways to see the stunning scenery of the Dzukou Valley. It is a great way to get a birds-eye view of the valley, and it is an experience that you will never forget.