Kirtipur is a beautiful ancient city in Nepal that is rich in culture and history. Though it is not as well known to tourists, Kirtipur is a great place for families to visit. The city has many kid-friendly activities and attractions that will keep your children entertained while also providing them with a chance to learn about Nepali culture.
One of the best things to do in Kirtipur with kids is to visit the Durbar Square. This square is full of ancient temples and palaces that your kids will love exploring. They can also watch the traditional Nepali dances that are performed here.
Another great activity for kids in Kirtipur is to take a boat ride on the Bishnumati River. This river is very clean and provides a great view of the city. Your kids will love getting to see the city from a different perspective.
If you are looking for a more educational activity, you can visit the Kirtipur Museum. This museum has a great collection of artifacts that date back to the Malla Dynasty. Your kids will learn about the history of Kirtipur while seeing some of the amazing artifacts.
There are also many great places to eat in Kirtipur. You will find many restaurants that serve traditional Nepali food. Your kids will love trying the different foods and spices that are used in Nepali cuisine.
Kirtipur is a great city for families to visit. There are many kid-friendly activities and attractions that will keep your children entertained while also providing them with a chance to learn about Nepali culture.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Kirtipur, Nepal
1. Go to the Gandhi Smriti Park: This park is a great place for kids to run around and explore. There is a playground, a water park, and plenty of green space to explore.
2. Visit the Chiso Puka Temple: This temple is a great place to learn about Nepali culture and religion. Kids can explore the temple grounds, meet the friendly resident monkeys, and even ring the temple bells.
3. Shop at the Kirtipur Bazaar: This vibrant market is a great place to find souvenirs, snacks, and local handicrafts. Kids will love haggling with the vendors and exploring all of the stalls.
4. Go for a short hike: There are many short and easy hikes around Kirtipur that are perfect for families with young children. A few of our favorites include the Memorial Park hike and the Chiso Puka hike.
5. Ride the Ropeway: The Ropeway is a popular tourist attraction that offers stunning views of the city. Kids will love riding in the cable car and seeing the sights from above.
6. Visit the Nepal Peace Museum: This museum is a great place to learn about Nepal’s history and culture. Kids will enjoy exploring the exhibits and learning about this fascinating country.
7. Have a picnic at Taudaha Lake: This scenic lake is the perfect place to enjoy a picnic lunch. Kids will love feeding the ducks and exploring the nearby hiking trails.
8. Go on a boat ride: Boat rides are available on Taudaha Lake and are a great way to cool off on a hot day. Kids will enjoy getting a close-up view of the lake’s flora and fauna.
9. Visit the Singha Durbar: This historic palace is a great place to learn about Nepal’s royal history. Kids will love exploring the lavish grounds and seeing the inside of the palace.
10. Play at the Jai Nepal Children’s Park: This park is a great place for kids to run around and play. There is a playground, a water park, and plenty of green space to explore.