If you’re looking for kid-friendly things to do in King Cove, Alaska, you won’t be disappointed. There are plenty of activities to keep little ones entertained, from museums and parks to zoos and aquariums.
King Cove is home to the King Cove Historical Museum, which is a great place to learn about the area’s history and culture. There’s also the Crow Creek Park, which has a playground and picnic area, perfect for a family outing.
For animal lovers, there’s the Alaska SeaLife Center, where you can learn all about the local marine life. And, of course, no visit to King Cove would be complete without seeing the majestic birds at the Alaska Bird Observatory.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In King Cove, Alaska
1. Visit the Alaska SeaLife Center: The Alaska SeaLife Center is a marine science facility that features a wide variety of exhibits and educational programs about the marine environment and the animals that live in it. kids will love getting up close to the animals and learning about their fascinating world.
2. Go crabbing in the Bering Sea: The Bering Sea is home to some of the largest crab populations in the world. Crabbing is a great activity for kids of all ages and can be done from the shore or from a boat.
3.Explore the tide pools: King Cove is home to a large number of tide pools which are perfect for exploring. Kids can look for crabs, fish, and other sea creatures in the pools and learn about the tidal environment.
4.Go birdwatching: King Cove is a great place for birdwatching. The area is home to a variety of bird species, including puffins, eagles, and owls. kids can learn about the different birds and their habitats while enjoying the beautiful landscapes.
5. Visit the Murrelet Native Village: The Murrelet Native Village is a replica of a traditional Alaskan village. kids can learn about the traditions and lifestyle of the Alaskan natives and see how they live.
6. Try your hand at gold panning: King Cove is home to a number of gold mines. kids can try their hand at panning for gold and see if they can strike it lucky.
7. Hike to the top of Mt. Edgecumbe: Mt. Edgecumbe is an active volcano that towers over King Cove. kids can hike to the top of the volcano and enjoy the stunning views.
8. Take a scenic flightseeing tour: King Cove is home to a number of scenic flightseeing tours. kids can enjoy the beauty of the area from the air and learn about the history and culture of the area.
9. Go fishing: King Cove is a great place for fishing. kids can try their hand at catching a variety of fish, including salmon, trout, and halibut.
10. Enjoy the local food: King Cove is home to a number of great restaurants that serve up fresh seafood and other local delicacies. kids can explore the different culinary offerings and find their new favorite food.