Kinarut is a small town located in the Tambunan district of Sabah, Malaysia. Although it is not as popular as some of the other towns in Sabah, it is still a great place to visit, especially if you are traveling with kids. Here are some of the top kid-friendly things to do in Kinarut:
Visit the Kinarut Heritage Museum: This museum is a great place to learn about the history and culture of Sabah. There are various exhibits on different topics, such as the history of the Kinarut area, the local people, and the flora and fauna of Sabah.
Explore Kinarut Nature Park: This park is a great place to take a nature walk and explore the various flora and fauna of the area. There is also a waterfall located within the park, which is a great place to cool off on a hot day.
Visit the Kinarut Hot Springs: These hot springs are located just outside of town and are a great place to relax and unwind. The springs are said to have medicinal properties, so it is also a popular spot for locals to visit.
Take a boat ride on the Kinabatangan River: The Kinabatangan River is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Sabah. A boat ride on the river is a great way to see the various wildlife that calls the area home, including primates, reptiles, and birds.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Kinarut, Malaysia
1. Visit the Kinarut Mangrove Forest Reserve: The Kinarut Mangrove Forest Reserve is a great place to explore the mangrove ecosystem. Visitors can take a boat ride through the mangrove forest, feed the fish, and learn about the importance of mangroves in the local environment.
2. Visit the Kinarut Discovery Centre: The Kinarut Discovery Centre is a great place to learn about the local environment and culture. Visitors can take a tour of the centre, watch educational films, and participate in hands-on activities.
3. Go on a jungle safari: A jungle safari is a great way to see the wildlife of Kinarut up close. Visitors can take a jeep tour through the jungle, see exotic animals, and learn about the importance of conservation.
4. Visit the Kinarut Orangutan Sanctuary: The Kinarut Orangutan Sanctuary is a great place to see these amazing animals up close. Visitors can take a tour of the sanctuary, see the orangutans, and learn about the importance of conservation.
5. Go on a nature walk: A nature walk is a great way to explore the natural beauty of Kinarut. Visitors can walk through the forest, see the animals, and learn about the importance of conservation.
6. Visit the Kinarut Waterfalls: The Kinarut Waterfalls are a great place to relax and enjoy the natural beauty of the area. Visitors can take a dip in the pool, hike to the top of the falls, and enjoy the views.
7. Visit the Kinarut Butterfly Farm: The Kinarut Butterfly Farm is a great place to see the beauty of these amazing creatures up close. Visitors can take a tour of the farm, see the butterflies, and learn about the importance of conservation.
8. Visit the Kinarut Rainforest: The Kinarut Rainforest is a great place to explore the diversity of the local ecosystem. Visitors can take a tour of the rainforest, see the animals, and learn about the importance of conservation.
9. Visit the Kinarut Tea Plantation: The Kinarut Tea Plantation is a great place to learn about the process of tea production. Visitors can take a tour of the plantation, see the tea plants, and learn about the history of tea production in Malaysia.
10. Visit the Kinarut Mosque: The Kinarut Mosque is a great place to learn about the Islamic religion. Visitors can take a tour of the mosque, see the prayer hall, and learn about the five pillars of Islam.