There are many kid friendly things to do in Kevelaer, Germany. For starters, the city offers a great variety of parks and playgrounds for children to enjoy. Additionally, Kevelaer is home to several museums which are perfect for a family day out. The Cathedral of Kevelaer is also a must-see for anyone visiting the city, and children will love exploring its many nooks and crannies. Lastly, no visit to Kevelaer would be complete without trying some of the delicious local pastries – of which there are many to choose from!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Kevelaer, Germany
1. Visit the Basilika minor Notre Dame.
This church is a beautiful example of baroque architecture and it is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Kevelaer.
2. View the beautiful stained glass windows.
The windows in the Notre Dame are some of the most intricate and beautiful in all of Germany.
3. Take a tour of the church.
Guided tours of the church are available and they provide an interesting look into the history and architecture of the building.
4. Admire the Ratzinger Shrine.
The Ratzinger Shrine is a small chapel located in the Notre Dame church. It contains a relic of Pope Benedict XVI, who was born in Kevelaer.
5. Visit the Heiliger Stepahnus pilgrimage site.
The Heiliger Stepahnus is a pilgrimage site that attracts visitors from all over the world. It is located just outside of Kevelaer.
6. See the beautiful statue of the Virgin Mary.
The Virgin Mary statue is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Kevelaer. It is located in the Heiliger Stepahnus pilgrimage site.
7. Learn about the history of the town at the Museum für Religionsgeschichte.
The Museum für Religionsgeschichte is a museum that tells the story of the religious history of Kevelaer.
8. View the art at the Wallraf-Richartz Museum.
The Wallraf-Richartz Museum is a museum that houses a collection of art from the Middle Ages to the present day.
9. Go on a walking tour of the town.
There are several walking tours available that take visitors around the historic center of Kevelaer.
10. Enjoy the views of the town from the top of the Kevelaer Tower.
The Kevelaer Tower is a observation tower that offers panoramic views of the town and the surrounding countryside.