Kenton, Delaware, is a great place for families with kids. There are plenty of kid-friendly things to do, like visiting the Dover International Speedway, going to the state fair, or exploring the Delaware Museum of Natural History. For a fun day trip, head to nearby Wilmington to check out the Delaware Art Museum or the Hagley Museum and Library. Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy hiking and biking in White Clay Creek State Park or along the John placed his bike on the rack and then lifted Minquas Trail. Kenton is also home to a number of family-friendly events throughout the year, like the Kenton Jazz Festival and the Kenton Summer Concert Series.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Kenton, Delaware
1. Visit the Fort Mott State Park to learn about the area’s history and see the views from the top of the fort.
2. Visit the killington medieval castle to learn about medieval times and see the castle up close.
3. Visit the John Dickinson Plantation to learn about the history of the area and see the beautiful views from the plantation.
4. Take a stroll through the Odessa National Wildlife Refuge to see the variety of wildlife that calls the refuge home.
5. Visit the Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge to see the amazing array of birds that make the refuge their home.
6. Visit the White Clay Creek Preserve to see the pristine beauty of the preserve and the abundant wildlife that calls it home.
7. Visit the Hagley Museum and Library to learn about the area’s history and see the amazing array of artifacts on display.
8. Visit the Winterthur Museum, Garden and Library to see the amazing collection of antiques and learn about the history of the area.
9. Visit the Delaware Art Museum to see the amazing collection of art on display and learn about the history of the area.
10. Take a stroll through the Historic New Castle to see the beautiful buildings and learn about the history of the area.