Kenosha, Wisconsin is a great place for families with kids! There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep your little ones busy, including the Bristol Renaissance Faire, the Kenosha Public Museum, the Dinosaur Discovery Museum, and the Jelly Belly Factory. For outdoor fun, kids can explore the harbor, play in one of the many city parks, or take a swim in one of the area lakes. Kenosha also has a variety of child-friendly restaurants, like the Rock n’ Roll McDonalds, where kids can enjoy a meal and listen to music.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Kenosha, Wisconsin
1. Visit the Pleasant Prairie Premium Outlets: With over 100 stores, the Pleasant Prairie Premium Outlets offer something for everyone. Kids will enjoy the variety of stores and the opportunity to find some great deals on clothing, toys, and more.
2. Play at the Simmons Island Park: This park offers a playground, beach, fishing pier, and more. Kids can explore the nature trails, build sandcastles, or just enjoy the great outdoors.
3. Experience the Kenosha Civil War Museum: This museum tells the story of the Civil War through the eyes of those who lived it. Kids can see artifacts, learn about the history, and even dress up in period clothing.
4. Visit the Kenosha Public Museum: The Kenosha Public Museum offers a variety of exhibits on natural history, art, and more. Kids will enjoy seeing the dinosaurs, exploring the hands-on exhibits, and participating in the many educational programs offered.
5. Stroll down the Third Ward: The Third Ward is a historic district with a variety of shops, restaurants, and art galleries. Kids will enjoy exploring the unique shops and trying out some of the delicious food.
6. Attend a Kenosha Kingfish game: The Kenosha Kingfish are a minor league baseball team that offers a fun and family-friendly atmosphere. Kids can enjoy watching the game, participating in the activities, and meeting the team mascot.
7. Go for a swim at the Petrifying Springs Park: This park features a pool, water slides, and a lazy river. Kids can cool off on a hot day, play in the water, and make some new friends.
8. Visit the Dinosaur Discovery Museum: The Dinosaur Discovery Museum offers a variety of exhibits on dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals. Kids can see Fossils, learn about the extinction, and even dress up in dinosaur costumes.
9. Ride the streetcar at the Simmons Island Park: The Simmons Island Park features a vintage streetcar that kids can ride. They can explore the island, wave to the passing boats, and ring the bell as they ride.
10. Have a picnic at the Petrifying Springs Park: The Petrifying Springs Park offers a variety of picnic areas, perfect for a family outing. Kids can run and play, explore the nature trails, and enjoy a meal in the great outdoors.