There are many kid friendly things to do in Kennesaw, Georgia. The first stop for any family friendly vacation should be the Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park. This is a great place to take a hike and explore the area’s history. After a day of hiking, the whole family can relax at one of the many picnic areas located throughout the park.
If you’re looking for some indoor fun, the Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History is a great option. They offer many kid-friendly exhibits and activities that are both educational and fun. Another great indoor option is the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre. They offer a variety of shows and concerts that are perfect for families.
For some outdoor fun, the Kennesaw Skate Park is a great option. It’s a great place to skateboard, rollerblade, or just hang out. There’s also a playground and a spray park to keep the kids entertained. And if you’re looking for something a little more adventurous, you can always take a zip line tour at Kennesaw’s Zip Line Adventures.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Kennesaw, Georgia
1. Visit the Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History – This museum is a great place to learn about Kennesaw’s history, especially its connection to the Civil War. There are lots of interactive exhibits, and kids can even learn how to drive a locomotive!
2. Take a walk or bike ride on the Silver Comet Trail – The Silver Comet Trail is a beautiful paved path that runs through Kennesaw. It’s perfect for a family walk or bike ride, and there are plenty of places to stop and rest along the way.
3. Have a picnic at Swift-Cantrell Park – Swift-Cantrell Park is a great place to spend a day outdoors with the family. There are picnic tables, grills, playgrounds, and a splash pad to keep kids cool on hot days.
4. Go fishing at one of Kennesaw’s many lakes – Kennesaw is home to several lakes, including Allatoona Lake, which is a great place to go fishing. You can fish from the shore or rent a boat and go out on the water.
5. Visit the Cobb County Aquatic Center – The Cobb County Aquatic Center is a great place to cool off on hot summer days. There are water slides, a lazy river, and a heated pool.
6. Play mini golf at Trust Family Entertainment Complex – Trust Family Entertainment Complex is a great place to spend a day with the family. In addition to mini golf, there is also an arcade, laser tag, and go-karts.
7. See a movie at one of Kennesaw’s many theaters – Kennesaw has several movie theaters, including Regal Cinemas Town Center 16 and AMC Classic Towne Center 24.
8. Go shopping at Town Center at Cobb – Town Center at Cobb is a large shopping mall with over 200 stores. There’s something for everyone, from clothes to books to toys.
9. Visit the fact museum at the Smithsonian Institution – The fact museum at the Smithsonian Institution is a great place to learn about science and history. There are interactive exhibits, and kids can even touch a real fossil!
10. Ride the Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park Train – The Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park Train is a great way to see the park and learn about its history. The train runs on weekends from April to October.