There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Keizer, Oregon! For starters, there’s the Keizer Heritage Museum, which is a great place to learn about the history of the area. There’s also the Keizer Rapids Park, which is a great place to take a walk or go for a swim. There are also a number of parks and playgrounds in the area, so there’s plenty of opportunity to get outside and explore. And, of course, there are always plenty of things to do at the local schools and libraries. So whatever your interests, there’s sure to be something for everyone in Keizer, Oregon!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Keizer, Oregon
1. Visit the Keizer Iris Festival: The annual Keizer Iris Festival takes place in May and celebrates the city’s status as the “Iris Capital of the World.” The festival features a parade, iris shows, food vendors, and other family-friendly activities.
2. explore the Keizer Heritage museum: The Keizer Heritage Museum is housed in an historic home and features exhibits on the history of the city and the Willamette Valley. The museum is open Wednesday through Saturday.
3. take a walk or bike ride on the Keizer Rapids Pathway: The Keizer Rapids Pathway is a paved trail that runs along the Willamette River. The trail is popular with walkers, joggers, and cyclists and offers scenic views of the river and surrounding countryside.
4. visit the Salem-Keizer Volcanoes baseball stadium: The Salem-Keizer Volcanoes is a minor league baseball team that plays its home games at Volcanoes Stadium. The stadium is located just outside of Keizer and also features a playground and a concession stand.
5. have a picnic at Weder Park: Weder Park is a popular spot for picnics and features a playground, picnic tables, and a gazebo. The park is also home to the Keizer Civic Center and the Keizer Art Association.
6. take a swim at Keizer Rapids Park: Keizer Rapids Park is a city-owned park that features a swimming pool, a spray park, and a playground. The park is open daily during the summer months.
7. visit the Chemeketa Community College Planetarium: The Chemeketa Community College Planetarium offers public shows on Friday and Saturday nights. The planetarium is located on the Chemeketa campus in Keizer.
8. catch a movie at the Regal Cinema: The Regal Cinema is a movie theater located in the Keizer Town Center. The theater features stadium seating and offers a variety of concessions.
9. go bowling at Keizer Lanes: Keizer Lanes is a local bowling alley that offers open bowling, leagues, and bumper bowling for kids. The alley also has a bar and grill for adults.
10. attend a concert at the Keizer Civic Center: The Keizer Civic Center is a multi-purpose facility that hosts a variety of events throughout the year. The center is home to the Keizer Symphony Orchestra and the Keizer Chorale.