There are many kid friendly things to do in Kawasaki, Japan. The city has a large number of parks, playgrounds, and other recreation areas that are perfect for families with young children. In addition, there are several museums and other educational attractions that are sure to please kids of all ages. And, of course, no trip to Kawasaki would be complete without a visit to the famous Daisan department store, which has a wide variety of kid-friendly shops and attractions.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Kawasaki, Japan
1. Visit the Kawasaki Daishi Temple – The Kawasaki Daishi Temple is a beautiful and historic Buddhist temple that is definitely worth a visit. The temple grounds are lovely and there is also a museum on site that kids will enjoy.
2. Take a ride on the Kanto Railway – The Kanto Railway is a must-do for any visitor to Kawasaki. The scenic train ride takes you through some of the most beautiful countryside in Japan and is a great way to see the area.
3. Try your hand at sumo wrestling – Sumo wrestling is a Japanese tradition and it is really fun to watch. If you are feeling brave, you can even try your hand at it! There are several sumo wrestling clubs in Kawasaki that offer beginners classes.
4. Visit the Nihon Minka-en – The Nihon Minka-en is an open-air museum that is devoted to traditional Japanese architecture. It is a great place to learn about Japanese culture and history and the kids will love the traditional buildings and gardens.
5. Take a ride on the Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine – The Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine is a beautiful Shinto shrine that is definitely worth a visit. The shrine grounds are lovely and the children will enjoy the many statues and sculptures.
6. Play at the Kanazawa Zoo – The Kanazawa Zoo is a great place to take the kids for a day of fun. There are plenty of animals to see and the zoo also has a great playground.
7. Have fun at the LaLaPort Shopping Center – The LaLaPort Shopping Center is a great place to take the kids for a day of shopping and fun. There are plenty of shops and restaurants to keep everyone happy and the kids will love the giant Ferris wheel.
8. Explore the Kitano Seirenen Garden – The Kitano Seirenen Garden is a beautiful Japanese garden that is definitely worth a visit. The garden is very tranquil and the kids will enjoy the many statues and sculptures.
9. Visit the Daiwa Roynet Hotel Kawasaki – The Daiwa Roynet Hotel Kawasaki is a great place to stay when visiting Kawasaki. The hotel offers a variety of amenities and is close to many of the city’s attractions.
10. Have fun at the Todoroki Fudo Temple – The Todoroki Fudo Temple is a great place to take the kids for a day of fun. The temple grounds are beautiful and the kids will love the many statues and sculptures.