There is plenty for kids to do in Karatsu, Japan. They can explore the countryside and learn about traditional Japanese culture and history, or they can enjoy the many modern amenities the city has to offer.
In the countryside, kids can visit the famous Karatsu Castle and its beautiful gardens. They can also try their hand at traditional crafts like pottery or bamboo weaving. For a more modern experience, the city has a lively downtown area with plenty of shops and restaurants. Kids can also enjoy the many parks and playgrounds, or take a dip in one of the city’s public swimming pools.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Karatsu, Japan
1. Visit the Karatsu Castle
2. Stroll through HigashiYama Park
3. Have lunch at one of Karatsu’s many delicious restaurants
4. Go shopping at one of Karatsu’s many shops and boutiques
5. Visit the Hirado Castle
6. Enjoy the views from the Mikasa Observatory
7. Take a leisurely walk through the Karatsu Shrine grounds
8. Play in the Karatsu Castle Ruins Park
9. Go for a swim in the ocean at Karatsu Beach
10. Watch the sunset over Karatsu Bay