Slow down and enjoy life in Juazeiro do Norte, a small city in northeastern Brazil. The city is sometimes called the “Cariri Flower” because of its lush vegetation. Visitors can stroll through the public gardens, visit the local market, and take a boat ride on the Rio São Francisco.
There are also a number of museums and historical sites in Juazeiro do Norte. The Museu de Arte Sacra contains a collection of religious art, while the Museu do Cariri covers the history and culture of the region. The Memorial do Cariri remembers the Battle of Caririmarituba, a key moment in the struggle for Brazilian independence.
And, of course, no visit to Juazeiro do Norte would be complete without a stop at the Padre Cícero Romão Batista Monument. This towering statue commemorates the city’s most famous son, a popular priest who was an important leader in the early 20th century.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Juazeiro Do Norte, Brazil
1. Visit the Catarina’s Window lookout point
2. Ride bikes or go skateboarding at the Praça do Ferreira
3. Play at the splash pad and water playground at the Parque da Criança
4. Get up close to animals at the Juazeiro do Norte Zoo
5. Take a walk or picinic at the Jardim Botânico
6. Visit the Museu da Cidade for a history lesson
7. See a show at the Teatro Municipal Décio Vitta
8. Cool off with a swim at the Piscina Municipal
9. Play soccer or basketball at the Quadra Poliesportiva
10. Visit the Parque das Dunas for some fun in the sand