Looking for kid-friendly fun in Johnsonburg, Pennsylvania? You’ve come to the right place! From exciting outdoor activities to educational experiences, there is something for everyone in Johnsonburg.
One can’t-miss activity is a visit to the world-famous Elk Mountain Ski Resort. With 35 trails and nine lifts, Elk Mountain is a mecca for skiers and snowboarders of all levels. And, of course, no trip to Johnsonburg would be complete without seeing the elk! These majestic creatures can often be seen grazing in the fields near the ski resort.
For those looking for a more low-key activity, the Johnsonburg Community Center offers a variety of classes and programs for kids. There is everything from swimming lessons to arts and crafts. The Community Center is also home to a state-of-the-art playground, which is perfect for a break between activities.
Finally, no trip to Johnsonburg would be complete without a visit to the Johnsonburg Railway Museum. Here, kids can learn all about the history of the area through interactive exhibits and storytelling. They can also take a ride on a real steam train!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Johnsonburg, Pennsylvania
1. Visit Elk County Visitor Center: The Elk County Visitor Center is a great place to start your Johnsonburg adventure. Here, you can learn all about the area’s history, culture, and attractions. The center also offers a variety of interactive exhibits and displays, perfect for kids of all ages.
2. Take a Hike: With limitless opportunities for exploration, Johnsonburg is a nature lover’s paradise. There are miles of trails to discover, Whether you’re looking for a leisurely stroll or a challenging hike, you’ll find it here.
3. Go tubing or rafting down the Sinnemahoning Creek: One of the best ways to enjoy the Sinnemahoning Creek is by floating down it on a tube or raft. This is a great activity for a hot summer day. Just be sure to take all the necessary safety precautions.
4. Visit the Reindeer Farm: The Reindeer Farm is a must-see for all kids (and adults too!). Here, you can learn all about these magical creatures and even feed and pet them.
5. Visit Cook Forest State Park: Cook Forest State Park is a beautiful place to explore, with towering trees and a babbling brook. The park also offers a variety of kid-friendly activities, including ranger-led programs, horseback riding, and hiking.
6. Bike or Roller skate through the Elk County Rail-Trail: The Elk County Rail-Trail is a multi-use trail that is perfect for biking or roller skating. With over 8 miles of paved path, it’s a great way to get some exercise while taking in the scenic views.
7. Visit the Sinnemahoning Sportsmen’s Club: The Sinnemahoning Sportsmen’s Club is a great place to learn about hunting and fishing. The club offers a variety of educational programs for kids, as well as a chance to try your hand at some of these activities.
8. Go gem mining: Johnsonburg is home to a number of gem mines, where you can search for a variety of precious and semi-precious stones. This is a great activity for kids of all ages and a perfect way to take home a souvenir of your Johnsonburg adventure.
9. Play mini golf: Johnsonburg is home to a number of miniature golf courses, perfect for a fun and challenging game. With a variety of themes and difficulty levels, there’s a course to suit everyone’s tastes.
10. Visit the Johnsonburg Public Library: The Johnsonburg Public Library is a great place to spend an afternoon. The library offers a variety of books, movies, and video games, perfect for kids of all ages. The library also hosts a number of events and programs, such as story time and crafts.