There are many kid friendly things to do in Johnson City, Texas. One option is to spend the day at the Pedernales Falls State Park. This park offers hiking, fishing, and swimming. Kids can also enjoy a picnic lunch in one of the many picnic areas. Another option is to spend the day at the Lyndon B. Johnson State Park and Historic Site. This park offers a pool, playground, and plenty of space to run and play. Kids can also learn about the life and work of President Johnson at the onsite museum.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Johnson City, Texas
1. Visit the Mayborn Museum Complex – The Mayborn Museum Complex is a great place to take kids to learn about the natural and cultural history of Central Texas. There are interactive exhibits, a planetarium, and a hands-on archaeology lab.
2. Have a picnic at Linear Park – Linear Park is a beautiful park that has walking and biking trails, a pond, and a playground. It’s the perfect place to have a picnic and let the kids run around and play.
3. Go on a nature hike at Mother Neff State Park – Mother Neff State Park is a great place to go for a nature hike. The trails are well-marked and there are a variety of things to see along the way, including a waterfall.
4. Go fishing at Lake Lyndon B. Johnson – Lake Lyndon B. Johnson is a great place to go fishing. The lake is stocked with a variety of fish, and there are scenic views all around.
5. Play at the Splash Pad at GCoop – GCoop is a great place for kids to play. The splash pad is perfect for cooling off on a hot day, and there is also a playground and a basketball court.
6. Visit the Exotic Zoo – The Exotic Zoo is a great place to take kids to see a variety of animals from all over the world. There are also opportunities to feed the animals and even hold some of them.
7. Go For a bike ride on the Johnson Creek Greenway – The Johnson Creek Greenway is a great place to take a leisurely bike ride. The trail is paved and there are scenic views of the creek along the way.
8. Attend a show at the Imaginarium – The Imaginarium is a great place to take kids for a fun and educational experience. There are a variety of shows and exhibits that are sure to capture their imagination.
9. Play mini golf at Tandy Hills – Tandy Hills is a great place to play mini golf. The course is challenging but still fun for kids, and there is also a playground on site.
10. Visit the transformed fire station at the Fire Museum – The Fire Museum is a great place to take kids to learn about fire safety. The museum is located in an old fire station that has been transformed into an interactive exhibit.