Jharia is a small town located in the state of Jharkhand, India. The town is most notable for its coal mines and is a major contributor to the economy of the state. Despite its small size, Jharia offers a variety of kid-friendly activities for families looking for a fun filled vacation. The town’s proximity to the popular tourist destination of Dhanbad makes it a convenient place to stay for those looking to explore the region. Jharia’s coal mines are a major attraction for visitors and there are a number of tour operators offering guided tours of the mines. The town also has a number of parks and playgrounds, making it a great place to take the kids for a day out. For families looking for a more cultural experience, there are a number of temples and historical sites located in and around Jharia.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Jharia, India
1. Visit the Dhanbad coal mines: The Dhanbad coal mines are a fascinating place to visit, especially for kids. Here they can see huge machines mining coal and learn about the history of the coal mining industry in India.
2. Visit the Hindustan Oxygen Limited factory: This factory produces oxygen and nitrogen gas, which is used in many industries. Kids will be fascinated by the process of how these gases are produced and how they are used.
3. Visit the Jharia thermal power plant: This power plant produces electricity from coal. Kids can see how the coal is burned to produce heat, which is then used to generate electricity.
4. Visit the coal washeries: The coal washeries are where the coal is cleaned before it is used. Kids can see the huge machines that wash the coal and learn about the process of cleaning coal.
5. Visit the Bharat Coking Coal Limited plant: This plant produces coke, which is a fuel used in blast furnaces. Kids can see how the coal is converted into coke and learn about the process of making coke.
6. Visit the Durgapur Steel Plant: This huge steel plant produces steel from iron ore. Kids can see how the iron ore is converted into steel and learn about the process of making steel.
7. Visit the Bokaro Steel Plant: This steel plant produces steel from iron ore and coal. Kids can see how the iron ore and coal are converted into steel and learn about the process of making steel.
8. Visit the Tata Steel plant: This huge steel plant produces steel from iron ore, coal, and limestone. Kids can see how the iron ore, coal, and limestone are converted into steel and learn about the process of making steel.
9. Visit the Jamshedpur Iron and Steel Company plant: This plant produces iron and steel from iron ore and coal. Kids can see how the iron ore and coal are converted into iron and steel and learn about the process of making iron and steel.
10. Visit the Jamshedpur Works: This large factory produces a variety of products from steel, including pipes, tanks, and railway tracks. Kids can see how the steel is used to make these products and learn about the process of manufacturing steel products.