Jerome, Idaho is a great place for families with young children. There are a number of kid friendly things to do in and around Jerome. The old courthouse and jail are a popular attraction for families with kids. The city also has a community park with a playground, picnic tables, and a walking path. The city hosts a number of festivals throughout the year, including the Jerome Italian Festival and the Jerome Garlic Festival. There are also a number of kid friendly restaurants in Jerome, including the Dairy Queen and the Pizza Factory.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Jerome, Idaho
1. In the mood for some live entertainment? Check out the Diamondz Event Center, where you can catch a variety of music acts, comedians, and other performers throughout the year.
2. Have a blast at the Magic Valley Mall, one of the largest shopping centers in the area. In addition to all of the great shopping, the mall also features a movie theater, an indoor play area, and a variety of restaurants.
3. Strap on your roller blades or hop on your bike and enjoy the scenic views as you skate or ride along the beautifully paved Centennial Trail.
4. Splash around and cool off on a hot day at the City of Jerome Aquatic Center, which features a zero depth entry pool, a water slide, and a splash pad.
5. If you’re a fan of golf, be sure to check out the Jerome Country Club, where you can enjoy a round or two on the 18-hole championship golf course.
6. Visit the Jerome Historical Society Museum to learn more about the history of Jerome and the surrounding area. The museum features a variety of exhibits, as well as a research library.
7. Catch a movie at the Reelfoot Drive-In, one of the few remaining drive-in movie theaters in the country. Be sure to bring along some snacks to enjoy during the show!
8. Head to the Green Ridge Recreation Area for a day of hiking, picnicking, or just enjoying the beautiful views. The recreation area features several miles of trails, as well as a playground and a pavilion.
9. Learn about the area’s mining history at the Miners Memorial Museum, which features exhibits on the early days of mining in Jerome, as well as a replica of a mining tunnel.
10. Enjoy a tasty treat from one of the many ice cream shops in Jerome, such as the scoop shop at the Magic Valley Mall or the old-fashioned ice cream parlor at the City Park.