Looking for a fun weekend activity with the kids? Look no further than Jefferson, Texas! This charming small town offers a variety of kid-friendly activities that are sure to please everyone in the family. Start the day off with a delicious breakfast at one of Jefferson’s many quaint cafes. Then, explore all that the town has to offer by foot or wagon. Be sure to check out the historic Jefferson Museum, the always popular Lucyetta’s ice cream shop, and the beautiful moondial in the town square. For lunch, head over to the picnic area inace to enjoy a tasty picnic lunch. In the afternoon, let the kids burn off some energy at one of the playgrounds or take a leisurely stroll through the scenic Cypress Valley Nature Preserve. End the day with a delicious dinner at one of Jefferson’s outstanding restaurants. There’s something for everyone in Jefferson, Texas!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Jefferson, Texas
1. Visit the historic Jefferson Railway – Take a trip back in time on the historic Jefferson Railway. The Jefferson Railway offers a variety of different themed rides throughout the year, making it a great activity for kids of all ages.
2. Visit the Jefferson Visitors Center – Learn all about the history of Jefferson and the surrounding area at the Jefferson Visitors Center. The center offers a variety of interactive exhibits, as well as a gift shop.
3. Take a riverboat cruise – See Jefferson from the water on a riverboat cruise. The cruise offers great views of the city, as well as a chance to learn about the history of the area.
4. Visit the Margaret Moffett House Museum – Step back in time at the Margaret Moffett House Museum. The museum is located in an actual Victorian-era home and features a variety of artifacts and exhibits.
5. Take a tour of the Jefferson Carnegie Library – Built in 1904, the Jefferson Carnegie Library is one of the most beautiful buildings in the city. Take a tour of the library and see its stunning architecture.
6. Visit the Excelsior House Hotel – Take a step back in time and stay at the Excelsior House Hotel. The hotel is one of the oldest in Texas and features a variety of amenities, including a restaurant and bar.
7. Visit the Sam Houston Museum – Learn about the life of one of Texas’ most famous figures at the Sam Houston Museum. The museum features a variety of exhibits, as well as a film about Houston’s life.
8. Visit the Jefferson Museum of Art – See a variety of art from around the world at the Jefferson Museum of Art. The museum features both permanent and rotating exhibits, making it a great activity for art lovers of all ages.
9. Take a horse-drawn carriage ride – See Jefferson in a unique way by taking a horse-drawn carriage ride. Carriage rides are available throughout the city and offer a great way to see the sights.
10. Go shopping at the Jefferson Historic District – Browse a variety of unique shops in the Jefferson Historic District. The district is home to a variety of antique shops, art galleries, and other unique stores.