There are plenty of great things for families to do in Jefferson City, Tennessee! For those with younger children, the Little Pigeon River offers a great chance to explore and play. There are also several parks and playgrounds in the area. Nature lovers will enjoy hiking and picnicking in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. History buffs can explore the city’s many museums, including the East Tennessee History Center and the Museum of Appalachia. And, of course, no visit to Jefferson City would be complete without a stop at Dollywood!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Jefferson City, Tennessee
1. Visit Dollywood: Dollywood is a world-renowned theme park located in the scenic Smoky Mountains of Tennessee. The park features more than 40 rides and attractions, live entertainment, and a variety of dining and shopping options.
2. Take a scenic drive: The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is just a short drive from Jefferson City, and it offers some of the most breathtaking scenery in the country. Take a leisurely drive through the park and enjoy the views.
3. Visit the Knoxville Zoo: The Knoxville Zoo is one of the top-rated zoos in the country and it offers a great opportunity to see a variety of animals up close. The zoo also features a variety of educational exhibits and programs.
4. Go tubing down the river: The Little Pigeon River offers a great opportunity to go tubing or kayaking. The river is gentle and scenic, making it perfect for a leisurely float.
5. Visit the Tennessee Aquarium: The Tennessee Aquarium is located in downtown Chattanooga and it is home to a wide variety of aquatic animals. The aquarium also features a number of interactive exhibits and programs.
6. Take a hike: There are plenty of hiking trails located throughout Jefferson City, and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is just a short drive away. Hiking is a great way to get some exercise and enjoy the outdoors.
7. Go horseback riding: Horseback riding is a great way to see the sights of Jefferson City and the surrounding area. There are a number of horseback riding trails located throughout the city, and many stables offer horseback riding lessons.
8. Visit the Museum of Appalachia: The Museum of Appalachia is a living history museum that offers a glimpse into the lives of the people who settled in the Appalachian Mountains. The museum features a number of interactive exhibits and programs.
9. Take a scenic train ride: The Great Smoky Mountains Railroad offers a number of scenic train rides through the scenic Smoky Mountains. The railroad also offers a variety of other interactive activities and programs.
10. Go whitewater rafting: The Ocoee River is one of the most popular whitewater rafting rivers in the country and it is located just a short drive from Jefferson City.