Jammu is a relatively quiet and safe city located in the northern part of India. Although it’s not teeming with tourist attractions, there are several kid-friendly things to do. One option is to explore the historic Old City, which is full of narrow, winding streets and traditional shops. Another option is to visit the Manda Zoo, which is home to tigers, elephants, and other animals. There are also several parks and playgrounds where kids can burn off some energy. For a more cultural experience, you can visit the Jammu and Kashmir State Museum, which has exhibits on the region’s history and culture.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Jammu, India
1. Visit the Raghunath Temple: The Raghunath Temple is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Jammu. It is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Rama, and is said to be the largest temple complex in northern India. The temple complex consists of seven temples, each with its own unique architecture and history. The Raghunath Temple is a great place to learn about Hinduism and the different gods and goddesses worshipped by Hindus.
2. Take a stroll through Bagh-e-Bahu: Bagh-e-Bahu is a large park located in the center of Jammu. It is a great place to take a walk, relax, and enjoy the scenery. The park is also home to a variety of animals, including peacocks, elephants, and tigers.
3. Visit Amar Mahal Museum: Amar Mahal Museum is a must-see for history buffs. It is located in an 18th-century palace, and houses a collection of artifacts and artworks from the Dogra dynasty. The museum is also known for its stunning architecture, and is definitely worth a visit.
4. Go on a safari at Gulmarg: Gulmarg is a beautiful place located in the northernmost part of India. It is home to a variety of wildlife, including leopards, tigers, and bears. You can go on a safari and see these animals up close and personal.
5. Visit the Bani Eating House: The Bani Eating House is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Jammu. It is a traditional restaurant that serves traditional Dogra cuisine. If you want to try something different, this is the place to go.
6. Take a cable car ride to Vaishno Devi: Vaishno Devi is a Hindu temple located in the Himalayan Mountains. The temple is one of the most sacred temples in India, and is visited by millions of pilgrims every year. You can take a cable car ride to the temple, which offers stunning views of the mountains.
7. Visit the Ranbireshwar Temple: The Ranbireshwar Temple is another popular tourist attraction in Jammu. It is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, and is said to be one of the largest Shiva temples in India. The temple complex is home to a variety of shrines and temples, and is definitely worth a visit.
8. Take a boat ride on the Dal Lake: The Dal Lake is a popular tourist spot in Jammu. You can take a boat ride on the lake, and enjoy the scenic views. The lake is also home to a variety of fish, and you can even feed them.
9. Shop at the Jammu Tawi Bazaar: The Jammu Tawi Bazaar is a popular shopping destination in Jammu. You can find a variety of shops selling everything from clothes to electronics.
10. Visit the Rani Jhula: The Rani Jhula is a suspension bridge located in Jammu. It is a popular spot for tourists, and is a great place to take photos.