Jalor is a sleepy town in Rajasthan, India. Though there isn’t much to do in the town itself, there are a few kid-friendly activities in the surrounding area. Just outside of town is the Ranakpur Jain Temple, a beautiful and serene spot that’s perfect for a peaceful afternoon. A short drive away is Kumbhalgarh Fort, a massive fort that’s fun to explore for kids (and adults!). There are also a few lakes in the area that are perfect for a picnic lunch or an afternoon of swimming. Overall, Jalor is a calm and relaxing place – perfect for a family vacation.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Jalor, India
1. Spend a day at the Jalor Fort: The Jalor Fort is a imposing fort that was built in the 14th century. It is located on a hillock in the middle of the town and provides a stunning view of the town and the surrounding countryside. The fort has many interesting features such as a mosque, temples, palaces and water tanks. Kids will love exploring all the nooks and crannies of this huge fort.
2. Visit the Ranakpur Jain Temples: The Ranakpur Jain Temples are a beautiful example of Indian temple architecture. The temples were built in the 15th century and are located in a secluded valley in the mountains. There are 14 different temples, each with its own unique architecture and carvings. Kids will love exploring all the different temples and learning about the Jain religion.
3. Take a camel safari in the desert: One of the best ways to explore the desert around Jalor is on the back of a camel. Camel safaris can be arranged from many places in town and kids will love the experience of riding through the sand dunes on these friendly animals. Make sure to take plenty of water and snacks for the ride.
4. Go for a swim in the Bisalpur dam: The Bisalpur dam is a large dam located just outside of Jalor town. The dam was built in the 18th century and is a popular spot for swimming and picnicking. The dam also has a beautiful garden with many different kinds of flowers and plants. Kids will love splashing around in the water and exploring the gardens.
5. Visit the Jalor Museum: The Jalor Museum is a small but interesting museum located in the town center. The museum has a collection of artifacts from the local area including pottery, coins, weapons and tools. Kids will enjoy learning about the history and culture of the region through the exhibits.
6. Shop for spices in the market: The market in Jalor is a great place to buy spices, fruits and vegetables. The market is located in the town center and is a bustling place with many different stalls. Kids will enjoy walking around and seeing all the different foods on offer.
7. Go on a nature walk in the nearby forests: There are many forests located in the vicinity of Jalor town. These forests are home to many different kinds of plants and animals. Kids will love exploring the forests and seeing all the different creatures that live there.
8. Visit the Garba Dancers: The Garba Dancers are a traditional dance troupe who perform at various festivals and events. The dancers wear brightly colored costumes and paint their faces in traditional designs. Kids will enjoy watching the dancers and learning about their culture.
9. take a boat ride on the lake: The lake near Jalor town is a great place to relax and enjoy the scenery. Boat rides can be arranged from many places around the lake. Kids will love the experience of being out on the water and seeing all the different birds and animals that live there.
10. Go on a jeep safari in the national park: The national park near Jalor is home to many different kinds of animals and plants. A jeep safari is a great way to see all the different sights and sounds of the park. Kids will love the adventure of riding in a jeep and seeing all the different animals.