Jalgaon Jamod is a city located in the Indian state of Maharashtra. The city is known for its many historical and archaeological sites, as well as its kid-friendly activities. Some of the top things to do in Jalgaon Jamod with kids include visiting the ancient Hindu temple complex of Chandraditya, exploring the ancient city of Ajanta, and going on safari at the nearby wildlife reserve. Other popular activities include hiking and biking in the nearby hills, picnicking in the city’s many parks, and shopping at the local markets. With so much to see and do, Jalgaon Jamod is sure to be a hit with kids of all ages.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Jalgaon Jamod, India
1. Visit the ancient cave temples at Pitalkhora: Pitalkhora is home to a number of ancient cave temples, carved out of the sandstone cliffs. These temples date back to the 2nd century BCE and are a fascinating example of early rock-cut architecture.
2. Climb to the top of the Mahadev temple: The Mahadev temple is a popular Hindu shrine, located on a hilltop in the town of Jalgaon Jamod. Visitors can climb to the top of the temple for sweeping views of the surrounding countryside.
3. Visit the Peeranwadi Bird Sanctuary: The Peeranwadi Bird Sanctuary is a haven for bird lovers, with over 200 species of birds inhabiting the area. The sanctuary also has a number of walking trails, making it a great place to spend a day in nature.
4. Take a boat ride on the Tapi River: The Tapi River is a major river in central India and a popular spot for boat rides. Visitors can enjoy the views of the river and the surrounding countryside while cruising down the river.
5. Explore the Bhimbetka Rock Shelters: The Bhimbetka Rock Shelters are a series of ancient cave dwellings, located in the Ratapani Wildlife Sanctuary. These cave dwellings date back to the Stone Age and are a fascinating glimpse into the past.
6. Visit the Phansigarh Fort: The Phansigarh Fort is a well-preserved 16th-century fort, located in the town of Jalgaon Jamod. The fort has a number of interesting features, including a temple, a mosque and a palace.
7. Visit the Dargah of Hazrat Sadruddin: The Dargah of Hazrat Sadruddin is a holy site for Muslims, located in the town of Jalgaon Jamod. The dargah is a tomb of a Sufi saint and is a popular place of pilgrimage for Muslims.
8. Go on a safari at the Ratapani Wildlife Sanctuary: The Ratapani Wildlife Sanctuary is home to a number of important wildlife species, including leopards, tigers and sloth bears. Visitors can go on safari in the sanctuary to spot these animals in their natural habitat.
9. Visit the Jain temples at Delwada: The Jain temples at Delwada are a group of beautifully carved temples, dating back to the 12th century. These temples are an important pilgrimage site for Jains and are a must-see for anyone interested in architecture.
10. Take a walk through the Daulatabad Fort: The Daulatabad Fort is a well-preserved 14th-century fort, located in the town of Daulatabad. The fort has a number of interesting features, including a temple, a mosque and a palace.