There’s plenty for kids to do in Jackson, Ohio! If your little ones are looking for some fun, take them to the Jackson County Fairgrounds. Here they can explore the grounds, check out the animals, and ride the rides. There’s also the Jackson County Fair, which has a variety of kid-friendly attractions, like a petting zoo, a playground, and carnival games. For a more educational experience, take a trip to the Jackson County Museum. Here they can learn all about the history of the county and see some interesting exhibits. If your kids are into sports, there are plenty of youth leagues in Jackson, Ohio, like basketball, football, and soccer. And if they just want to run around and burn off some energy, head to one of the city’s many parks, like Rotary Park or Ella Sharp Park.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Jackson, Ohio
1. Visit the Jackson County Fairgrounds – The Jackson County Fairgrounds offer a variety of kid-friendly activities, including a petting zoo, pony rides, carnival rides, and a variety of food vendors.
2. Take a scenic stroll or bike ride through Cascade Park – Cascade Park is a beautiful park that features a pond, walking trails, and a variety of flowers and trees. It’s the perfect place to take a leisurely stroll or go for a bike ride with the kids.
3. Visit the Jackson Zoo – The Jackson Zoo is a small, family-friendly zoo that features a variety of animals, including primates, reptiles, and birds. There is also a playground and picnic area on site.
4. Play a round of mini golf at Tee Pee Golf – Tee Pee Golf is an 18-hole mini golf course that is perfect for the whole family. After your round of mini golf, be sure to try your hand at the batting cages.
5. Go for a swim at North Park Pool – North Park Pool is a great place to take the kids for a swim. The pool features a wading area, slides, and a diving board.
6. Catch a movie at the Jackson Cinema – The Jackson Cinema is a great place to catch a movie with the family. Tickets are only $5 per person, and concessions are reasonably priced.
7. Visit the Jackson County Historical Society Museum – The Jackson County Historical Society Museum is a great place to learn about the history of Jackson County. The museum features a variety of exhibits, and admission is only $3 for adults and $1 for children.
8. Take a walk or bike ride through Jackson Lake State Park – Jackson Lake State Park is a beautiful state park that features a lake, walking trails, and a variety of wildlife. The park is also home to a campground, if you’re looking to extend your stay.
9. Go bowling at Jackson Lanes – Jackson Lanes is a great place to take the kids for a game of bowling. Prices are reasonable, and there are plenty of lanes to choose from.
10. Play at the Jackson Community Center – The Jackson Community Center is a great place for the kids to burn off some energy. The center features a gym, swimming pool, and a variety of other activities.