Iztacalco is a great place for kids of all ages! There are plenty of things to do in this historic and vibrant community. Visit the Casa de Cultura for a dose of Mexican culture, or head to the Xochimilco Ecological Park for a day of fun in the sun. Xochimilco is especially popular with kids, as there are plenty of activities to keep them entertained, like riding in a traditional trajinera boat or exploring the canals on a punta. Nature lovers will also enjoy a visit to the Cuemanco Petroglyphs, where they can see ancient rock carvings. And of course, no visit to Iztacalco would be complete without sampling some of the delicious local cuisine!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Iztacalco, Mexico
1. Visit the Museo Mundo del Juguete Antiguo México. This museum is dedicated to Mexican toys and is a great place to take kids. There are plenty of interactive exhibits for them to enjoy, as well as a gift shop.
2. Drive or take the bus to Tepoztlan. This town is about an hour outside of Iztacalco and is home to a beautiful 16th century monastery. Kids will love exploring the ruins and learning about the history of the place.
3. Go on a nature walk. Iztacalco is home to several parks and nature reserves, perfect for a relaxing walk or hike.
4. Visit the Zoo. The Zoo is located in Chapultepec Park and is a great place to take the kids for a day out.
5. Go to the movies. There are several movie theaters in Iztacalco, so you can take your pick of the latest blockbusters.
6. Go shopping. Iztacalco is home to a number of malls and shopping centers, perfect for a day of retail therapy.
7. Eat out. There are plenty of restaurants in Iztacalco, so you’re sure to find something to please everyone’s palate.
8. Go to a concert. Iztacalco is home to a number of concert venues, so you can enjoy some live music while you’re in town.
9. Take a day trip. There are plenty of great places to visit nearby, so consider taking a day trip to somewhere like Puebla or Cuernavaca.
10. Visit the Templo Mayor. This ancient Aztec temple is located in the center of Iztacalco and is well worth a visit.