Ixtapan de la Sal is a great place for families with young children. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep little ones busy, including water parks, go-karting, and even a zoo. The town is also home to a number of museums and cultural attractions, so there’s plenty for parents to do while the kids are entertained. And, of course, no trip to Ixtapan de la Sal would be complete without spending some time at the nearby hot springs – a perfect way to relax after a busy day exploring.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Ixtapan De La Sal, Mexico
1. Visit the Ixtapan de la Sal archeological site: The archeological site at Ixtapan de la Sal is a great place for kids to learn about the history and culture of the area. They can explore the ruins of the ancient city, see the artifacts that have been found there, and learn about the people who once lived there.
2. Take a tour of the Ixtapan de la Sal thermal springs: The thermal springs at Ixtapan de la Sal are a great place for kids to relax and have fun. They can swim in the warm waters, play in the sand, and explore the surrounding area.
3. Visit the Ixtapan de la Sal waterfalls: The waterfalls at Ixtapan de la Sal are a beautiful sight and a great place for kids to play. They can cool off in the refreshing water, climb on the rocks, and explore the surrounding area.
4. Go tubing down the Ixtapan de la Sal River: The river at Ixtapan de la Sal is a great place for kids to go tubing. They can float down the river, enjoy the scenery, and get a little exercise at the same time.
5. Hike to the top of Cerro Gordo: Cerro Gordo is a small mountain near Ixtapan de la Sal that is a great place for kids to hike. They can enjoy the views from the top, play in the grassy fields, and explore the surrounding area.
6. Visit the Ixtapan de la Sal Butterfly Sanctuary: The butterfly sanctuary at Ixtapan de la Sal is a great place for kids to see a variety of butterflies up close. They can also learn about the different types of butterflies and their lifecycles.
7. Take a horseback ride: Horseback riding is a great way for kids to explore the countryside around Ixtapan de la Sal. They can ride through the fields, forests, and villages, and get a closer look at the local wildlife.
8. Go fishing: Fishing is a great activity for kids to do in Ixtapan de la Sal. They can fish in the river, lakes, and ponds, and try to catch a variety of different fish.
9. Play in the park: Ixtapan de la Sal has a number of parks that are great places for kids to play. They can explore the playgrounds, play soccer or basketball, and take a break in the shade.
10. Visit the Ixtapan de la Sal Zoo: The zoo at Ixtapan de la Sal is a great place for kids to see a variety of different animals. They can learn about the different species, watch the animals interact, and get a close look at some of the more exotic animals.