There are many kid friendly things to do in Ivanhoe, North Carolina. Our small town is home to many family friendly activities and attractions. We have two public parks, a walking trail, a public swimming pool, and a variety of small businesses. Our local library is also a great resource for families with young children. They offer many programs and activities for kids of all ages. In the summer, our town hosts a free concert series in the park. Ivanhoe is also home to a variety of events throughout the year, including the annual Easter Egg Hunt, the Fourth of July Celebration, and the Halloween Funfest. These are just a few of the many kid friendly things to do in Ivanhoe, North Carolina.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Ivanhoe, North Carolina
1. Visit the local library – The local library is a great place to take kids for a variety of activities. Kids can use the computers, read books, and participate in various educational programs offered.
2. Go to the park – The park is a great place for kids to burn off some energy. There are playgrounds, picnic areas, and trails for kids to explore.
3. Visit a museum – There are several museums in the area that would be great for kids. The Hickory Museum of Art, the Catawba Science Center, and the Hickory Children’s Museum are all great options.
4. Go on a nature hike – There are several trails in the area that are perfect for a nature hike. Kids can learn about the local flora and fauna while getting some exercise.
5. Go fishing – Fishing is a great activity for kids of all ages. There are several lakes and rivers in the area that are perfect for fishing.
6. Go camping – Camping is a great way for kids to get back to nature. There are several campgrounds in the area that offer a variety of amenities.
7. Visit a farmer’s market – farmer’s markets are a great place to take kids to learn about where their food comes from. Kids can also find some really great produce to take home.
8. Go to the beach – The beach is a great place to take kids for a day of fun in the sun. There are several beaches in the area that offer a variety of activities.
9. Take a road trip – A road trip is a great way to see some of the amazing sights that North Carolina has to offer. Kids will love stopping at different attractions along the way.
10. Have a picnic – Picnics are a great way to enjoy the beautiful outdoors. There are several parks in the area that offer picnic areas.