There are many kid friendly things to do in Ishikawa, Japan. One thing that kids would enjoy is visiting the many museums in the area. The museums cover a wide range of topics such as art, history, and science. There are also many playgrounds and parks in Ishikawa. These provide a great place for kids to run around and play. Another activity that kids would enjoy is visiting the many temples and shrines in the area. These provide a chance to learn about the local culture and see some beautiful architecture.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Ishikawa, Japan
1. Kanazawa Castle: This imposing castle was built in 1583 and is one of the most famous landmarks in Ishikawa. It is surrounded by a moat and has several turrets, making it a great place to explore for kids (and adults!)
2. Kenrokuen Garden: This is one of Japan’s most renowned gardens and is a great place to take a leisurely stroll with the kids. There is a lot to see, including a pond, streams, and numerous types of plants and trees.
3. Nawate Street: This is a lively pedestrian street lined with shops and restaurants. It’s a great place to grab a bite to eat or do some shopping, and the kids will love the lively atmosphere.
4. Kanazawa 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art: This museum is a great place to take the kids to see some interesting and interactive art. There are often hands-on activities as well, making it a fun and educational experience.
5. Oyama Senmaida Rice Terraces: These rice terraces are a beautiful sight, and kids will love walking through them and learning about how rice is grown.
6. Noto Peninsula: This peninsula is a great place to explore with the kids, with its many beaches, hiking trails, and scenic views.
7. Hakui Shell Mound: This is a fascinating archaeological site where kids can learn about the history of the area and see some ancient artifacts.
8. Soji-ji Temple: This is a beautiful temple that is also the headquarters of the Soto sect of Zen Buddhism. It’s a very peaceful place to visit, and kids will love the giant Buddha statue inside.
9. Mt. Hakusan: This is a great place to take the kids for a hike, with its many trails and stunning views.
10. Ishikawa Prefectural Museum of Traditional Arts and Crafts: This museum is a great place to learn about the traditional arts and crafts of Ishikawa. Kids will love seeing the various demonstrations and trying their hand at some of the crafts.