Iron River is a small town in northwestern Wisconsin. It is the county seat of Iron County and is located on the border with Michigan. The townsite was platted in 1885 and the first settlers arrived in 1886. The population of the town is just under 3,000 people.
There are a few kid friendly things to do in Iron River. One option is the Iron County Historical Museum. This museum has a number of exhibits that focus on the history of the area. There is also a local nature center that offers hiking and nature programs for kids.
If the weather is nice, kids can also enjoy the many parks in town. Simon Park has a playground and a baseball diamond. Memorial Park has a swimming pool and a number of picnic areas. There are also a number of trails in the area that are perfect for exploring.
In the winter, the Iron River Recreation Complex offers a number of activities for kids. There is an indoor ice rink, a climbing wall, and a number of courts for basketball and other sports.
No matter what time of year it is, there are always things for kids to do in Iron River.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Iron River, Wisconsin
1. hike the ice age trail
2. explore the cave of the mounds
3. go fishing or swimming in the brule river
4. play in the big back yard
5. take a bike ride on the rustic road
6. go canoeing or kayaking on the lake
7. have a picnic lunch at one of the many parks
8. go for a walk in the nature preserve
9. play tourist and visit all the historical landmarks
10. go on a scenic drive to see the fall colors