Iron Gate is a town in Virginia with a population of 749 people. The median age in Iron Gate is 47 years, and the town is located in Tazewell County. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to do in Iron Gate. Tazewell County has several parks, including the Tazewell County Museum and the Tazewell County Public Library, both of which are located in Iron Gate. There are also several historic sites in the town, including the old Tazewell County Courthouse and the Tazewell County Jail. The town also has a variety of shops and restaurants, as well as a few cafes and coffee shops.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Iron Gate, Virginia
1. Take a hike through Virginia’s gorgeous Iron Gate National Park! The scenery is absolutely breathtaking and there are plenty of hiking trails to choose from.
2. Visit the majestic Iron Gate Dam and see the spectacular waterfall!
3. Head to the charming town of Glasgow and explore its quaint shops and restaurants.
4. absorb the stunning views from atop of the Peaks of Otter, one of Virginia’s tallest mountains.
5. Drive the scenic Skyline Drive and take in the breathtaking views of the Shenandoah Valley.
6. Visit the Luray Caverns, the largest caverns in the eastern United States!
7. Go white water rafting down the Shenandoah River, one of the most popular rafting destinations in the country.
8. Take a scenic horseback ride through the Shenandoah Valley.
9.Explore the history of the Civil War at the New Market Battlefield State Historical Park.
10.Visit the Natural Bridge of Virginia, one of the natural wonders of the world!