Irmo is a great place for kids with plenty of activities to keep them entertained. At the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, kids can explore the store, play games, and sit on the front porch to enjoy the view. The Saluda Shoals Park is a great place to take a nature hike, go fishing, or have a picnic. The park also has a playground, a sprayground, and a walking trail. The Dutch Square Center is another great place to take the kids with its many shops and restaurants. There is also a movie theater and an arcade. For a fun activity, the kids can go to the Icehouse Skating Rink to skate and play hockey. And last but not least, the Lexington County Blowfish baseball team is always a hit with the kids!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Irmo, South Carolina
1. Go to the Saluda Shoals Park to explore the many walking trails and see the beautiful waterfalls.
2. Visit the Columbia Museum of Art to see the variety of art exhibits from different cultures and time periods.
3. Stroll through the EdVenture Children’s Museum to learn about science, nature, and other fun topics while playing interactive games.
4. Graphite on Main is a great place to take the kids to do some arts and crafts or to participate in one of the many classes offered.
5. The South Carolina State House is a historic landmark that kids can tour to learn about the state government and see where important decisions are made.
6. The Columbia Zoo is home to over 1000 animals from all over the world and has a variety of educational programs for kids.
7. At the Riverbanks Zoo, kids can see animals native to South Carolina, as well as giraffes, lions, and elephants.
8. The SCANA Energy Discovery Center is a great place for kids to learn about energy conservation and renewable energy sources.
9. The South Carolina Confederate Relic Room and Military Museum has a variety of artifacts and exhibits on the state’s military history.
10. The Children’s Garden at the Columbia Museum of Art is a great place for kids to run around and explore while parents relax in the shade.