There are plenty of fun things to do in Irbid with kids! The city has several parks perfect for running around and playing games, as well as a few playgrounds. The Al-Hussein Public Park is a great place to explore, and Al-Hussein Bin Talal Zoo is perfect for animal lovers. For a taste of culture, the Roman Ruins of Gerasa are a must-see. Families can also enjoy a day out at the Irbid Landmark Mall, which has a play area for kids.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Irbid, Jordan
1. Visit the Citadel of Amman: The Citadel of Amman is a large archaeological site located in the center of Amman, Jordan. The site includes the remains of several ancient civilizations, including the Hellenistic, Roman, and Byzantine eras. The Citadel is also home to the Jordan Archaeological Museum, which houses a collection of artifacts from the nearby archaeological site of Jerash.
2. Take a Jeep Tour of Wadi Rum: Wadi Rum is a large valley in southern Jordan that is home to a variety of desert landscapes. Jeep tours are a popular way to explore the area and see the desert scenery up close.
3. Visit the Roman Ruins of Jerash: The Roman Ruins of Jerash are some of the best-preserved Roman ruins in the world. The site includes a number of ancient buildings, including a theater, a temple, and a market.
4. Hike Through Petra: Petra is an ancient city located in southern Jordan. The city is world-famous for its elaborate architecture and massive sandstone cliffs. Visitors can hike through the site to see the ruins up close.
5. Ride a Camel in the Desert: Riding a camel is a popular activity in the Jordanian desert. Camel rides are often offered as part of a tour of the desert landscape.
6. Go Sandboarding in Wadi Rum: Sandboarding is a popular activity in Wadi Rum. Visitors can rent a sandboard from a local shop and then enjoy a day of sandboarding in the desert.
7. Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride: A hot air balloon ride is a unique way to see the Jordanian landscape. Hot air balloon rides are typically offered as part of a tour package.
8. Go Quad Biking in the Desert: Quad biking is another popular activity in the Jordanian desert. Quad bikes can be rented from local shops and then used to explore the desert landscape.
9. Visit the Dead Sea: The Dead Sea is a large salt lake located in Jordan. The Dead Sea is world-famous for its high salt content, which causes people to float on the surface of the water.
10. Explore Amman: Amman is the capital city of Jordan. The city is home to a variety of attractions, including the Roman Theater, the Jordan Museum, and the Rainbow Street.