Inuyama is a city located in Aichi Prefecture, Japan. As of 1 October 2019, the city had an estimated population of 75,042 in 31,471 households, and a population density of 1,200 persons per km². The total area of the city was 63.21 square kilometres (24.42 sq mi). The city is well known for Inuyama Castle, one of the oldest and most complete original castles in Japan.
There are many kid friendly things to do in Inuyama. One popular activity is visiting Inuyama Castle. The castle is one of the oldest and most complete original castles in Japan. It is a national treasure and has been designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The castle grounds are beautiful and there is also a museum on site. Another popular activity is visiting the Meiji Mura museum. The museum is an open-air museum which contains over 60 historical buildings from the Meiji period. The buildings were relocated from various parts of Japan and are set in a picturesque landscape. The museum is a great place to learn about the Meiji period of Japanese history. There are also many hiking trails in Inuyama. The trails wind through the mountains and offer stunning views of the countryside. The trails are great for getting some exercise and fresh air.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Inuyama, Japan
1. Ride the Inuyama Castle Ropeway: The Inuyama Castle Ropeway is a great way to get a bird’s eye view of Inuyama and the surrounding area. The ride is short but sweet, and your kids will love seeing the castle from above.
2. Take a stroll through Inuyama Park: Inuyama Park is a beautiful park that is perfect for a leisurely stroll. The park is filled with flowers, trees, and a duck pond, making it a great place to relax and take in the scenery.
3. Visit the Inuyama Festival Museum: The Inuyama Festival Museum is a great way to learn about the history and culture of Inuyama. The museum has a wide variety of exhibits, and your kids will love seeing all of the traditional festival masks and costumes.
4. Ride the Inuyama Yusakuru Train: The Inuyama Yusakuru Train is a great way to see Inuyama from a different perspective. The train winds its way through the city, and your kids will love the interesting sights and sounds along the way.
5. Play in the Inuyama castle grounds: The Inuyama castle grounds are a great place to explore and play. There are plenty of places to climb and run around, and your kids will love pretending to be samurai warriors or ninjas.
6. Visit the Inuyama Taiko Center: The Inuyama Taiko Center is a great place to learn about the traditional Japanese drum. Your kids can watch a taiko performance, and then try their hand at drumming themselves.
7. Go for a swim in the Inuyama River: The Inuyama River is a great place to cool off on a hot summer day. There are several swimming areas along the river, and your kids will love splashing around in the water.
8. Visit the Inuyama Tea House: The Inuyama Tea House is the perfect place to relax and sip on some delicious tea. The tea house is located in a beautiful garden, and your kids will love the peaceful atmosphere.
9. Try your hand at pottery at the Inuyama Pottery Studio: The Inuyama Pottery Studio is a great place to try your hand at pottery. The studio offers a variety of classes, and your kids will love getting their hands dirty as they create their own masterpieces.
10. Take a walk through the Inuyama Torii Gates: The Inuyama Torii Gates are a beautiful sight, and a great way to start or end your day. The gates are located in a peaceful forest, and your kids will love the serene atmosphere.