Imperial is a great place for kids! There are lots of things to do to keep them busy. The Imperial Aquatic Center is a great place to take the kids swimming. There is also a skating rink, mini golf, and a go kart track. If the kids are into sports, there are plenty of options for them to get involved in. There are soccer, baseball, and softball fields. There is also a tennis court. The kids can also stay active by riding their bikes or taking a walk around town. There are plenty of parks to explore as well.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Imperial, Nebraska
1. Visit the Chimney Rock National Historic Site: Visitors can explore the history and geology of the iconic Chimney Rock landmark. Hiking trails and interpretive programs are available.
2. Play at the Wauneta Roller Mill and Museum: The Wauneta Roller Mill is the only remaining steam-powered flour mill in the state of Nebraska. Visitors can tour the mill, see the machinery in action, and learn about the history of flour production. The museum also has a collection of vintage farm equipment.
3. Take a stroll through Riverside Park: Riverside Park is a beautiful city park located on the Missouri River. Visitors can enjoy the scenic views, picnic areas, playgrounds, and walking trails.
4. Attend a sporting event at the University of Nebraska-Kearney: The University of Nebraska-Kearney offers a variety of sporting events throughout the year, including basketball, volleyball, and football. Tickets are typically very reasonably priced.
5. Check out the Classic Car Collection at Mid-America Motorworks: Mid-America Motorworks is home to a large collection of classic and antique cars. Visitors can view the cars, learn about their history, and even take a test drive.
6. Visit the Museum of Nebraska Art: The Museum of Nebraska Art is the state’s official art museum. It houses a collection of art from Nebraska artists, as well as traveling exhibitions.
7. Shop at the 31st Street Antique Mall: The 31st Street Antique Mall is a large antique mall with over 200 dealers. Visitors can find a wide variety of items, including furniture, glassware, and jewelry.
8. Go fishing at Harlan County Reservoir: Harlan County Reservoir is a popular spot for fishing, camping, and boating. Visitors can purchase a fishing permit and try their luck at catching a variety of fish, including bass, catfish, and walleye.
9. See a movie at the Grand Theatre: The Grand Theatre is a historic movie theater that first opened in 1925. It now features first-run movies, as well as special events and film festivals.
10. Enjoy a meal at one of Imperial’s many restaurants: Imperial has a variety of restaurants to choose from, including American, Mexican, and Chinese. Visitors can find a restaurant to suit any taste and budget.