Ida, Louisiana is a great place for kids of all ages. There are many things to do that will keep them entertained and busy. One option is to take them to the Baton Rouge Zoo. This zoo is one of the best in the country and has many different animals that they can see. Another option is to take them to the Perkins Road Community Park. This park has a playground, a pool, and a splash pad. They can also burn off some energy by playing on the many different apparatus.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Ida, Louisiana
1. Take a Louisiana bayou tour and see alligators, bald eagles, and ospreys in their natural habitat.
2. Visit the Cajun Village, where you can learn about the history and culture of Louisiana’s Cajun people.
3. Tour a working sugarcane plantation and see how this important crop is grown and processed.
4. Visit the Rural Life Museum to see how Louisiana’s early settlers lived and worked.
5. Go fishing in one of Ida’s many lakes and bayous.
6. Take a leisurely stroll down Plantation Road, lined with historic homes and mansions.
7. Stop by the Evangeline Oak, a live oak tree made famous by the poem Evangeline by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
8. Visit the St. Charles Parish Museum to learn about the Parish’s history and see artifacts from past centuries.
9. Go birdwatching in Bayou Segnette State Park and see many different species of Louisiana birds.
10. Have fun at the Splash Kingdom Waterpark, where you can cool off with slides, pools, and waterfalls.