Hymera, Indiana is a small town with a lot to offer families with young children. There is a park with a playground and a walking trail, a splash pad, a community pool, and a seasonal farmers market. The Hymera Public Library offers story times and other programming for kids, and there are several churches with active youth groups. The Sycamore Hills Golf Club has a junior golf program, and there are several youth sports leagues in town. There are also several businesses that cater to families with young children, including a daycare, a dance studio, and a gymnastics center.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Hymera, Indiana
so you can get better acquainted with the area:
1. Visit the White River Memorial Museum. This museum offers a wide array of exhibits on local history and culture. There is also a research library on site.
2. Take a walk or bike ride on the Bicentennial Trail. This trail stretches for over 3 miles and offers scenic views of the White River.
3. Visit the Daniel Gebhart Log Cabin. This historic cabin was built in 1854 and is one of the oldest structures in the county.
4. Picnic at Mill Creek Park. This park features a playground, pavilion, and grills. It is a great spot to relax and enjoy a meal.
5. Play mini golf at Falcon’s Nest. This course features 18 holes of fun for the whole family.
6. Go swimming at the Hymera Municipal Pool. This outdoor pool is open to the public during the summer months.
7. Visit the Carnegie Public Library. This library offers a variety of books, magazines, and other materials. It also has public computers available.
8. Shop at the Hymera Antique Mall. This antique mall features a wide variety of items from furniture to glassware.
9. Play disc golf at the Hymera City Park. This course winds through the park and is a great way to get some exercise.
10. Attend a event at the Hymera Complex. The complex hosts a variety of events throughout the year such as concerts, sports tournaments, and more.