Hunter, New York is a great place for kids! There are plenty of things to do in this beautiful town that will keep your little ones entertained. From hiking and biking trails to playgrounds and parks, there is something for everyone in Hunter.
One of the best things to do in Hunter with kids is to explore all of the hiking and biking trails. There are miles of trails to explore, and they are all kid friendly. If you are looking for a challenge, there are also some trails that are perfect for kids who like to explore.
Another great thing to do in Hunter with kids is to go to one of the many parks. There are several parks in Hunter, and each one has something different to offer. whether your kids like to swing, slide, or just run around, they will be sure to find a park that they love.
If you are looking for a kid friendly activity that is a little bit more active, you can take them to the Hunter Mountain Bike Park. This park is perfect for kids who love to ride bikes. There are plenty of trails to choose from, and they are all kid friendly.
No matter what you are looking for, you are sure to find it in Hunter, New York. This town is perfect for kids, and there is something for everyone to enjoy.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Hunter, New York
1. Visit the Catskill Game Farm – The Catskill Game Farm is a petting zoo and children’s farm located in Hunter, New York. The farm features over 150 animals, including llamas, alpacas, bison, elk, deer, sheep, pigs, goats, and rabbits. The farm also has a playground, picnic area, and a gift shop.
2. Go tubing at Tannersville Cranberry Bog – Tannersville Cranberry Bog is a small body of water located in Hunter, New York that is popular for tubing. The Bog is only a few feet deep, making it safe for young children to play in.
3. Visit the Hunter Mountain Ski Area – The Hunter Mountain Ski Area is a popular ski resort located in Hunter, New York. The resort features 60 ski trails, as well as a snowboard park, tubing, and ice skating.
4. Play at the Kaaterskill Falls – The Kaaterskill Falls is a two-tiered waterfall located in Hunter, New York. The falls is 269 feet tall, making it the tallest waterfall in New York State.
5. Check out the Thomas Cole House – The Thomas Cole House is a historic house located in Hunter, New York. The house was built in 1815 and was the home of the famous painter Thomas Cole. The house is now a museum that features exhibits on Cole’s life and work.
6. Hike to the top of Kaaterskill Clove – Kaaterskill Clove is a scenic gorge located in Hunter, New York. The Clove is accessible by hiking trails and features waterfalls, cliffs, and views of the Catskill Mountains.
7. Go fishing at the Catskill Creek – The Catskill Creek is a popular spot for fishing located in Hunter, New York. The creek is stocked with trout and is also a popular spot for canoeing and kayaking.
8. Play at the Tannersville Playground – The Tannersville Playground is a public playground located in Hunter, New York. The playground features a variety of play equipment, including a climbing wall, swings, and slides.
9. Visit the Mountain Top Arboretum – The Mountain Top Arboretum is a botanical garden located in Hunter, New York. The Arboretum features a variety of gardens, including a Japanese garden, a rose garden, and a children’s garden.
10. Take a scenic drive on the Catskill Scenic Byway – The Catskill Scenic Byway is a scenic highway that runs through Hunter, New York. The Byway features beautiful views of the Catskill Mountains and is a popular spot for hiking, biking, and picnicking.