There are many kid friendly things to do in Houston, Delaware. One option is to go to one of the many parks in the area. Parks offer a great way to get some exercise and fresh air. They also provide an opportunity to explore nature and learn about the world around us.
Another great kid-friendly activity in Houston is to visit one of the many museums. Museums offer a chance to learn about history, science, and art. They also provide a great opportunity to explore new topics and ask questions.
If you are looking for a more physical activity, Houston also offers many different options. There are many different sports leagues and clubs that offer a chance to play and compete. There are also many different fitness centers that offer a chance to get active and stay healthy.
No matter what your interests are, there are sure to be kid friendly things to do in Houston that will be perfect for you and your family.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Houston, Delaware
1. Visit the Houston Zoo – The Houston Zoo is a 55-acre zoo located in Houston, Delaware. The zoo is home to over 6,000 animals, including lions, tigers, elephants, giraffes, and zebras. The zoo also has a children’s zoo, a reptile house, and an aquarium.
2. Take a Riverboat Tour – A riverboat tour is a great way to see the city of Houston from the water. The tours typically last 1-2 hours and include narration from the captain about the history and landmarks of the city.
3. Bike or Walk the Delaware Greenway – The Delaware Greenway is a 12-mile long system of trails and parks that runs along the Delaware River. The trails are open to both pedestrians and cyclists, and offer stunning views of the river and the city skyline.
4. Visit the Please Touch Museum – The Please Touch Museum is a children’s museum located in Philadelphia, just a short drive from Houston. The museum is designed for children ages 7 and under, and features interactive exhibits on a variety of topics, from transportation to music.
5. Explore the Delaware Art Museum – The Delaware Art Museum is an art museum located in Wilmington, Delaware, just a short drive from Houston. The museum features a collection of American art, as well as temporary exhibitions of international art.
6. See a Show at the Grand Opera House – The Grand Opera House is a theater located in Wilmington, Delaware, just a short drive from Houston. The theater hosts a variety of performances, including musicals, plays, and ballets.
7. Take a Hike in White Clay Creek Preserve – White Clay Creek Preserve is a 6,000-acre park located in Newark, Delaware, just a short drive from Houston. The park features over 50 miles of hiking trails, as well as a variety of other outdoor activities such as fishing, camping, and bird watching.
8. Visit the Hagley Museum and Library – The Hagley Museum and Library is a museum and library located in Wilmington, Delaware, just a short drive from Houston. The museum is dedicated to the history of the DuPont company, and the library houses a collection of books and documents on the history of the Delaware Valley.
9. Shop at the Christiana Mall – The Christiana Mall is a large shopping mall located in Newark, Delaware, just a short drive from Houston. The mall features over 200 stores, including a variety of apparel stores, department stores, and restaurants.
10. Attend a Show at the Longwood Gardens – The Longwood Gardens is a horticultural gardens and performance venue located in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, just a short drive from Houston. The gardens feature over 1,000 acres of gardens and woodlands, as well as a variety of performances throughout the year.