Hospet is a city in Karnataka, India. It is located on the Tungabhadra River, 12 km from Hampi. Hospet was built in 1520 by Krishnadevaraya, the ruler of the Vijayanagara Empire, in memory of his mother. The city has a population of about 200,000 people.
There are a number of kid friendly things to do in Hospet. You can visit the parks, lakes and museums, or take part in the many festivals and events that take place throughout the year. For something different, you can also go on a safari at the unique Bellary Turf Club.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Hospet, India
1. Take a trip to the 13th century Hampi ruins – a UNESCO World Heritage site.
2. Visit the Tungabhadra Dam – one of the largest dams in India.
3. Take a boat ride on the Tungabhadra River.
4. Go on a safari at the Bannerghatta National Park.
5. Visit the Gol Gumbaz – the mausoleum of Muhammad Adil Shah.
6. Take a walk through the huge Virupaksha Temple complex.
7. Shop for handicrafts at the Hospet market.
8.Visit the Jama Masjid – a beautiful mosque in the city.
9. Try the delicious local cuisine at one of Hospet’s many restaurants.
10. catch a cricket match at the KSCA Stadium.